Chapter 72 Lake Valor

Ash, Serena, Irida, and Volo arrive at Lake Valor, which is located at Crimson Mirelands. Ash takes a breath and says, "I can't believe I'm going to see Azelf again."

"Azelf is the one that chooses you back in your journey in the Sinnoh region, right?" Serena asks.

"Yeah." Ash smiles. "He sure is an old friend of mine. And it is also the leader of all three of them, that's why Team Galactic tried to blast the whole Lake Valor back at that time..."

Once they are in the middle of the lake, Volo asks, "Do you know about Lake Valor? It is said to have been formed by a volcanic eruption, much like Lake Verity. Though there are also theories that say it was carved out in the midst of a Pokemon battle."

"I know, the lake is protected by the Pokemon Azelf. When Azelf took flight, the will to do what needs doing was born in people's hearts...or that is what legend would have us believe." Ash says.

Then the Arc Phone glows for the third time and opens the entrance of the lake for the third time as well. Volo says, "Ho! A cave appears where there was none - as if just for Ash and Serena!"

"Let's head in, Ash and Serena." Irida says.

"I imagine strong Pokemon could wait inside, protecting the Pokemon of the lake. Take care!" Volo says as the three of them enter the cave.

After getting inside, Irida looks around and says, "What an eerie space...Why would there be columns inside a cave, anyway?"

"That sure is a good question...does it have to do with the Ancient Hero?" Serena asks with confusion.

Just then, a Dark Pulse is about to hit them as they quickly dodge the attack. In front of them is no other than an Alpha Overqwil.

"Just great...another Pokemon with only one weakness..." Ash mutters.

"Watch yourself, Ash, Serena! Those quills look vicious!" Irida says.

Ash goes for Garchomp to battle, and Garchomp starts with the Earth Power, which deals a lot of damage. Overqwil goes for Double-Edge, slamming the Pokemon into the wall.

"Garchomp. Hang in there and I know you can do it. Draco Meteor!" Ash yells, and Garchomp shoots out a lot of meteors and some of them manage to hit Overqwil, but it goes for Barb Barrage, poisoning Garchomp.

"Now it gets poisoned..." Serena says with concern.

Ash looks at Garchomp and then he takes out an Ultra Ball, "I can't let Garchomp battle further." He throws a Poke Ball at the Overqwil, and much to their surprise, Overqwil is captured in the end.

"Well, that's nice." Serena says. "You caught it in one go."

"Yeah." Ash says with a sigh.

"I knew you can do it, Ash!" Irida says.

Just then, Azelf teleports itself into the cave, and he floats towards Ash and nuzzles him. "It's good to see you as well, Azelf."

"Compared to Uxie and Mesprit, Azelf seems really close to you." Serena says.

"Yeah. We've been good friends." Ash says. "Azelf, I assume you know why we are here, right?"

Azelf nods and he also uses Telepathy. "Show to me unyielding will like you always did. Strike me, if you can."

Just then, he manages to get a basket of balms, much to their surprise, Irida asks, "Wait...balms?! Are you meant to try to hit Azelf with them, then?"

Ash turns to Serena, "Help me, Serena. Just like what we did with those Noble Frenzied Pokemon."