Chapter 27 Space-Time Distortions

After getting back to the Obsidian Fieldlands, they see some strange colored lights glowing at the Horseshoe Plains. Serena asks, "I wonder what is that about..."

"I don't know." Ash says, "Maybe that's the Space-time Distortion that Akari has told us about?"

Serena says, "Let's check it out."

As they enter the glowing light, they are surprised to see a lot of Pokemon like Eevee, Onix, Ursarings, and other Pokemon are staring at Ash and Serena as they want to attack. Ash and Serena can only pick up the shards on the ground and also some valuable items such as Evolution Stones.

"There are too many of them! I don't think we can capture them!" Serena says with horror.

"What are we going to do?" Ash asks with frustration. "Maybe we should only capture rare and unusual Pokemon. How's that sound?"

"Good idea." Serena says. Just then, a tougne licks Serena's face causing her to flinch and let out a scream, Ash asks, "Serena, are you okay?"

But he flinches as he sees a Gengar who is laughing at Ash and Serena, Ash sighs and asks, "Gengar? Is that really you?"

"Your Gengar?" Serena asks while looking at both Gengar and Ash.

Before Ash can say anything, a Lickitung appears and it goes for Rollout, Gengar quickly jumps forward and uses Dark Pulse to stop the Pokemon. Ash says, "Thanks, Gengar."

Gengar nods as he gives his Poke Ball, which also becomes the ancient Poke Ball.

Gengar's Research Tasks: Number caught:1,2,3,4,5 Times you have seen it use Hypnosis:1,3,6,12,25 Times you have seen it use Shadow Ball:1,3,10,30,70 Times you've seen it use an agile style move:1,3,10,30,70

Hisui Dex Entry No.138 Gengar: The Shadow Pokemon: Ghost-and Poison-type. Evolve from Haunter with a Linking Cord. Possesses potential victims' shadows in an effort to steal away the victims' lives. If your shadow begins to laugh, you must take hold of a protective charm posthaste!

"And I think I found a Sneasel!" Serena says as she points at the Pokemon, but much to their shock, it immediately evolves into Weavile and starts to attack with Icy Wind.

"That's not a Sneasel...it's the evolution Weavile! Now it is night time and he must have held a Razor Claw!" Ash says as he sends out his Infernape. "Infernape! Help me out, my friend!"

Infernape nods as he battles the Weavile while Pikachu and Gengar are battling others. Serena also uses the chance to find another Sneasel.

Hisui Dex Entry No.202 Sneasel (Johtonian Form): The Sharp Claw Pokemon: Dark- and Ice-type. This Pokémon shares roots with the Sneasel of Hisui, but unlike that species, this one is spiteful in personality. I hypothesize that water and earth can affect Sneasel's mind and body.

Weavile's Research Tasks: Number caught:1,2,3,4,5 Times you have seen it use Slash:1,3,8,20,40 Times you have seen it use Swords Dance:1,3,6,12,25 Times you've seen it use an agile style move:1,3,10,30,70 Number of different forms you've obtained:2

Hisui Dex Entry No.204 Weavile: The Sharp Claw Pokemon: Dark- and Ice-type. Evolve from Johtoanian Sneasel with Razor Claw during nighttime. This species corners prey as a pack, under the guidance of a leader. Weavile displays increased cunning, leading me to speculate that its evolution caused further brain development.

"Johtonian? So is there may be a Sinnohian in the future?" Serena asks.

"I thought Weavile was found in the Sinnoh Region." Ash says as the strong winds are blowing, and the Pokemon all disappear. "Hey! Those Pokemon are gone!"