Chapter 14 Preparations for the Frenzy

After getting into the office, Cyllene says, "First of all, have you made progress on your research tasks? If you have progress to report, I will judge its worthiness. Show me your Pokedex."

Ash and Serena show the Pokedex to Cyllene, and after seeing it, she nods, "Hm. You have made progress. It seems you have earned yourself a star. With this, you have officially attained the rank of Second Star in the Galaxy Expedition Team."

Ash and Serena put the second star badge on their uniforms, and Cyllene says, "Have these as well. They are further recipes you'll need for crafting."

They get a recipe for the Feather Balls, which is something that they are confused about. Ash says, "I don't think I have heard of Feather Balls..."

"And this one is for Super Potions." Serena says as she takes the second recipe.

"Continue to dedicate yourself to completing the Pokedex if you hope to rise higher in the ranks." Cyllene says as they nod.

"Ah, good! You're already here!" Laventon walks into the office and says.

"Professor Laventon. The briefing, if you please." Cyllene says.

"Yes, let's get right to it. So, Ash and Serena...I understand you've been requested to find out the cause of Kleavor's frenzied state. But as you're aware by now, Kleavor is a mighty thing. Nigh invincible, even! The Security Corps tried throwing Poke Balls at Kleavor when they were attacked, but...I'm afraid they didn't even come close to catching him! It seems he's a far trickier opponent than even those aggressive species of Pokemon that cannot be caught outside of the battle once they're riled."

"I'd like to be perfectly clear on this point." Cyllene says. "The mission will put you in extreme danger. Do you believe you can handle it?"

"Of course, we can." Ash and Serena exclaim.

"Very well. Then let's go over the particulars. The Diamond and Pearl clans revere their nobles because they believe these Pokemon serve their "almighty Sinnoh." They leave offerings to express their gratitude to these Pokemon in locations they call the noble's seats."

"So perhaps a good starting point for our research could be to find out what sorts of offerings they normally leave for this Kleavor." Professor Laventon suggests, and it causes everyone to think, but they are stopped as they hear Mai's voice.

"Ash and Serena! We need to speak with you."

As they turn around, they see that Adaman and Mai enter the office. Adaman says, "Listen - that rift in space-time seems like it connects this world to a whole other world. That world might be where almighty Sinnoh itself resides - the true almighty Sinnoh, that is. The one that rules over time!"

"Dialga?" Ash thinks, "I don't think so...but he was right about the other world, the future world where Serena and I came from."

Adaman says, "So if you fell through the space-time rift, that might mean...you traveled through time- by almighty Sinnoh's own power! Think of it! You must've been just swimming in its divine might!"

"Well, you are right about traveling back in time from the rift." Serena says, recovering from the shock very fast. "I mean, we came here from what? 2000 years later from now."

"I've got a favor to ask both of you, oh amazing time travelers." Adaman says, "Don't just study Kleavor. Quell his frenzy!"

"Well, you certainly caught us at a good time, young Adaman Yvonne! We were just discussing our next steps with regard to this whole Kleavor situation." Laventon says, and Serena also widens her eyes at the name that Professor Laventon just spoke about.