Chapter 44 Post Cobalt Coastlands Part 3

"Serena, so what do you think? Should we forgive them?" Ash asks. "Even though they aren't the real murderers, they didn't help us from taking those hits..."

"I know that they are wrong for doing so, but then again, they really didn't mean to hurt us." Serena says. "No matter what choice you pick, I will always stay loyal to you."

"I see. Since Lillie told me that it would take some time for them to end the court, let's continue to do our work." Ash says as they get out of the tent, only to see that Irida is using Glaceon to defeat Adaman's Leafeon.

"Looks like I beat you this time." Irida says.

"I'll give you the win, for now, I'll win the next time for sure." Adaman sighs. "Oh, Ash and Serena. I see you're done."

"Yeah, now we can continue to do our work." Ash says.

"So who are the ones that call you through that device?" Irida asks.

"Just one of our friends in our world." Serena says. "She wants to inform me of the people who caused us to come to this world from the Space-time Rift."

"Okay..." Adaman says.

After getting back to the Jubilife Village, they go to a house where a man named Floaro lives. "Why, if it isn't the young'uns from the Survey Corps! Good thing you dropped by. I need some help making friends with this Eevee. Think you could lend a hand?"

"Sure, what's the problem?" Serena asks.

"Canala - my granddaughter - brought the little guy home with her the other day, and I want us to be on good terms. After thinking long and hard, I decided the best way to win Eevee over is the old-fashioned way...Through tasty treats! So I'll be whipping up a special snack from my hometown. Some of the ingredients for it don't grow here in Hisui, but I found a few local Berries and things that'll make good enough substitutes. Three stalks of Hearty Grains, two Hopo Berries, and one Razz Berry is what I need. I'm counting on you!"

Luckily for them, they have all three stuff in their bag, and Floaro says, "I see you've found all the ingredients I asked for! Are you happy to give these to me?"

"Sure, here you go." Ash hands over the berries to the man, and he says, "Wonderful! These ingredients look nice and fresh. I'll get cooking, so wait here awhile, would you?"

As he starts to cook, the others are watching how it goes. After a while, he says, "OK! They're all done! Let's have a taste before giving one to Eevee, shall we?"

They each take the Hometown Muffin and bite it, they think that it is not good nor bad, but the man says, "Mmph...That'sh..inchereshting..."I guess the taste is fine, but...it's just not the same as the muffins from my hometown. I remember them being moister and having this nice, delicate flavor to them... Sorry to waste your time after all the trouble you went through to gather the ingredients for us."

"It's fine. I mean, it is not that bad as a muffin." Serena says.

"But I'm afraid these mediocre muffins won't be enough to geet me in Eevee's good books." Floaro frowns.

Eevee yelps, and Floaro asks, "Oh? What's the matter, Eevee? Do you want one...? Well, I won't stop you. Here you go!"

Eevee bites the muffin and gives a satisfied smile, and Floaro asks, "You like it that much? Th-that's great! I'm so glad!"

"Looks like he really likes it." Serena smiles.

"Hm? You want another? I don't think that's wise...Too many snacks will give you a bellyache!" Floaro says to Eevee who just finished the meal. And the Eevee just gives a frown face as Floaro says, "Oh, now who could resist that cute little face! I'll spoil you rotten if I'm not careful, yes I will!"