Chapter 12 Pikachu Reunion!

Back at the Obsidian Fieldlands, they find a woman named Yeo as she says, "Hrmmm...That marvelous rich tone...How is it produced?! I must know!"

Then she notices Ash and Serena as she exclaims, "Oh, err, hello! Didn't see you there...Wait, you're from the Survey Corps! Wonderful, just the person I need!"

"What do you need from us?" Ash asks.

"I want to learn more about Kricketot. You must be curious about them as well, right? I mean, how do they make those sounds of theirs? It's a musical mystery like no other! I'd be in your debt if you could complete Kricketot's page in your Pokedex and show it to me so I - er, I mean, we can uncover the truth!"

"Sure, I already finished it." Ash shows the woman the page of the Kricketot.

"Oh, so Kricketot produce that curious sound of theirs by hitting their antennae together! Hmm...I wonder if Anvin from the Supply Corps could put together an instrument with a similar shape to those antennae...Well, for now, thanks for going out of your way to solving this tonal enigma!"

Then they get three Vivichokes as thanks, they need this item so that they can make Revives. Serena says, "Now let's see we can try to catch some Pokemon as well."

They find a rock shaking in the middle of the road, and Ash decides to have Floatzel investigate it. Inside the rock is no other than a Geodude. Serena says, "Geodude comes from the rocks...that's amazing."

"And there are also some Geodude over there at Deertrack Heights." Ash says as he points at the Pokemon. "We need to catch a heavy one, defeat one with a Water move, and defeat one with a Grass move. We also need to have it try out Rollout."

And Serena decides to command Rowlet to do it, while Ash has Floatzel to do the other honors. And in the end, they manage to catch a heavy one in their team.

Geodude's Research Tasks: Number caught:1,3,6,12,25 Number of heavy specimens caught:1,2,3,4,5 Number defeated:1,3,6,12,25 Times you have seen it use Rollout:1,3,6,12,25 Number of you've defeated with Water-type moves:1,2,5,10,20 Number of you've defeated with Grass-type moves:1,2,5,10,20 Number you've seen leap out of ore deposits:1,3,6,12,25 Number you've evolved:1,2,3

Hisui Dex Entry No.46 Geodude: The Rock Pokemon: Rock- and Ground-type. Makes its home in mountainous regions, using its arms to climb along harsh mountain roads. Can be troublesome—carelessly kicking one will cause it to fly into a rage and chase after you.

Just then, they get a call from the Arc Phone, and Ash turns it on to find Lillie, "Lillie, about the request that I've given you. Have you found it?"

"Yes, about the Wyrdeer. We find out that they are really rare in modern times, and we think that it is an evolution of Stantler." Lillie says. "The reason that it is not common in Johto or other places is that to evolve Stantler, you have to have it learn a move called Psyshield Bash."

"Okay, and it seems like we have found an Alpha Stantler." Serena says, "I'll go capture it, thanks for the information, Lillie."

"Anything for you two." Lillie ends the call as they go to fight the Alpha Stantler. It is thanks to the help of Staraptor, who manages to go with Close Combat, that they manage to capture the large Stantler.

"So it has learned Psyshield Bash...but it doesn't seem to evolve as well. I wonder what do we miss..." Ash asks.

"Maybe we need to try using an agile style Psyshield Bash several amounts of times? I mean, the highest requirement needs 40 each." Serena suggests.

"Let's try it out." Ash says.

By battling the Geodude, Bidoof, and Kricketot, they manage to accumulate 20 Psyshield Bashes with agile style, and much to their surprise, it really evolves into a Wyrdeer.