Chapter 79 Back to Beginning

"Now, then...What would you hear of?" Cogita asks. "I can explain all 5 of them to you."

"First is the three lake Pokemon. We know for sure that they are Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf." Ash says.

"Ah, yes. Them, you already know. Go give them your thanks for the Red Chain - and show them how strong you've become." Cogita says.

"So does that mean all three of them have one plate? Or does each of them have a plate..." Serena wonders.

"I'm not sure, the next is volcano." Ash says. "Heatran might be the one."

"Well, where could that be but Firespit Island!" Cogita replies.

"So we have to go to Firespit Island again...Irida must not like it." Serena chuckles.

"The Cresent Moon is the third one, we know that it is Cresselia." Ash says.

"Yes, the moon...You must go where you may meet the moon's gaze unobstructed. Does that clue illuminate your path? Well...make for the Coronet Highlands, for now." Cogita asks.

"Not that Melli's arena..." Serena mutters. "I really don't want to see him again..."

"But we have to." Ash sighs. "The fourth one is the giant. We know that it might be Regigigas..."

"The secret that lurks in Snowpoint Temple...To find it, you must open the door that is sealed."

"We did go to Snowpoint Temple...but where would the door be..." Serena wonders.

"Now the last one we haven't heard about is the beginning..." Ash says.

"Indeed - a beginning for you, certainly...Where was it you first fell to earth here?" Cogita asks.

"The Prelude Beach..." Serena gasps. "Maybe one of the plates is there?"

"It could be." Ash says.

"Done with your questions, are you? Very well, lost one. The rest depends on you and your efforts. It appears that the opening of the space-time rift compelled Pokemon that might otherwise have stayed hidden to come out and see what has befallen the world. I hope you succeed - for your own sake and for that of the Pokedex you labor on."

Ash and Serena nod. And Volo says, "I knew we could rely on you, Mistress Cogita! That's more than enough information to work with. Now, let's all find those plates!"

After leaving Ancient Retreat, Volo says, "It's just as I had suspected! Pokemon are the key to our search, Ash and Serena! If we can gather all the plates from them and decipher the messages on the backs of the plates at last, perhaps we can meet Arceus itself! You should go search for the Pokemon that Cogita mentioned."

"What about you?" Ash asks.

"I have my own adventures of research that I'd like to pursue." Volo says. "Arceus, creator of Hisui...I truly can't wait to see what kind of Pokemon it might be!"

Ash and Serena notice something weird on Volo, but they decide to brush it off as they head back to Jubilife Village, but much to their surprise, they find Kamado, Adaman, and Irida waiting for them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Serena asks.

Adaman says, "We heard from Cyllene about your progress. And we would want to see the time when the Pokedex is completed."

Irida says, "He's right, and I know you guys will go to a lot of new spaces that we haven't encountered."

Kamado says, "I've had a message from Mistress Cogita. I'm told you're collecting plates of some sort with the merchant Volo? Then we must go to Prelude Beach. Meet me there."