Chapter 41 Noble Arcanine Battle

Ash and Serena are now going to battle Arcanine with their own hands, as they start to throw some balms at the Pokemon. They notice that Arcanine glows and it goes for a Wild Charge, Ash and Serena dodge in the nick of time before getting hit by the attack.

"We have to be careful not to touch the lava." Ash says. "But there is not much space for us to dodge the attacks as well."

Serena says, "We can't give up, right now it is still charging, this is the good chance to throw balms."

After throwing some balms, they notice that Arcanine is growling and five fire balls form on top of it. "Watch out! It is going for Raging Fury!" Irida yells.

Serena and Ash quickly use the chance to throw a balm, causing one of the fireballs to disappear. "We need to throw four more!"

"Got it." Serena says as they continue to throw some balms until it is getting tired. "Now it is our chance."

Ash goes with Samurott to battle the Pokemon, and Samurott goes with Razor Shell, which is super effective. But Arcanine also deals a lot of damage by using Wild Charge.

"Samurott! Aqua Tail!" Ash commands, and then Samurott defeats the Arcanine, giving Ash and Serena the chance to throw some balms. But after throwing more, Arcanine manages to get back up and jumps into the air, it lands on the ground causing fire tornados to surround the middle area.

"Crap! We're now stuck on the alone tile!" Ash says as Serena is also horrified at the sight of the wildfire in front of them. And Arcanine still tries to use Wild Charge at them. They can only wait until Arcanine is getting close before hitting it with the balms.

"Crap...we're stuck at the corner..." Ash says as they notice the Growlithe is facing them in the same tile as it prepares for the Wild Charge, they try to dodge, but Ash gets hit by the arm and he groans in pain.

"Ash!" Serena says, "Are you alright?"

"I can feel the pain from my arm..." Ash says as he holds his arm. Serena notices it and says, "This is a first-degree burn, we need to do some icing. Walrein! I need your help."

Serena sends out the Ice Type Pokemon and asks it to cool Ash's burn pain, as for herself, she has to make sure that Arcanine won't be able to hurt Ash as she continues to throw the balms. But when Serena manages to dodge the attack, it starts to charge up the five fireballs again, Serena knows that if it is unleashing the attack, it will be trouble, and she only has 4 more balms left. Serena takes a breath and says, "I won't give up until it is over. Here we go!"

Serena throws four balms and Samurott helps shooting water to make it hit, and in the end, Arcanine's glow is disappearing and it returns to normal.

"Oh, look! The strange light has left Arcanine and...is vanishing into the space-time rift...?" Iscan asks.

"Yeah..." Adaman replies.

Serena rushes to Ash and says, "Are you still hurting from the burn, Ash? Use this."

Serena uses the handkerchief that Ash tied for her during the battle against noble Lilligant, and with the cool water to help cool the burn. Ash says, "It should be fine...it is a good thing that both of them didn't fall into the lava."

Arcanine walks towards them and gives them a red plate, Serena takes it and says, "The Flame Plate..."

"A stone tablet imbued with the essence of fire." Ash says as he reads the words on the plate. "The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate."

Palina looks into the air and says, "What could possibly lie on the other side of the rift, I wonder..."

"A future where Ash and I stayed from." Serena says, causing Adaman and Irida to nod while Iscan and Palina are still confused. Just then, they hear two loud growls.