Chapter 83 The Final Battle Part 1

Once they arrive at the Temple of Sinnoh, they manage to find the last Old Verse in the ground. "Let our wishes reach heaven's crown,' the people together vowed. So they and their Pokémon bore stone to the peak of heaven's mount. The people carved the gathered stones in shapes of Pokémon— the ten Pokémon that Sinnoh shone its almighty light upon."

And once that's done, they walk towards Volo, who is standing in front of them with a sinister smile. He says, "The temple lies in ruins now...Columns cracked and broken...Like pillars now turned into spears, stabbing into the heavens...Well, I detect a distinct lack of Giratina."

The four of them are glaring at Volo, who asks, "Hmm? Is something bothering you? Ah, I do beg your pardon. I suppose I must seem to be behaving strangely! I daresay you deserve to know what I'm really after by now. Ever since I became convinced that Arceus really does exist, there has been one question that consumed my thoughts...How can I meet such a being myself? It was in an attempt to answer this question that I originally sought out Giratina and had it tear open that rift in space and time..."

"So it was you who made Giratina caused those Noble Pokemon and both Dialga and Palkia in a frenzy..." Ash says with rage in his tone.

"After all, Giratina wished to stand against Arceus. But that didn't do the trick...So then I had you gather the fragments of the all-encompassing deity, just as the murals of the ruins directed. Eighteen plates are said to be the fragments of the all-encompassing deity...You hold in your hands seventeen of them. So, you must be wondering: Where is the last one?"

"We know you have it, Volo. You have that Spooky Plate to control Giratina, right?" Serena demands.

Volo smirks as he takes off his merchant costume, he is now wearing an outfit that looks like Arceus. Adaman says, "I can't believe this..."

"Now hand over the plates you gathered! I will be the one to bring them all together!" Volo yells. "My desire to meet Arceus cannot be contained any longer! I need to know what it is! I MUST know what it is!"

Ash says, "What are you going to do with them?"

"If I can meet Arceus myself, then I may also be able to subjugate its power...And using that, I will attempt to create a new, better world! Of course, if I create a brand-new world, then this Hisui region that we currently exist in will be undone and returned to nothing. You, everyone you know, and all the Pokemon living here will vanish in an instant, as if you'd never been."

"You're insane!" Irida gasps.

"Then we are not going to give these plates to you!" Ash yells. "If you want it, you have to get it from yourself!"

"Oh, I definitely will, and you don't have a choice in this matter." Volo says as he sends out Spiritomb and Roserade.

Ash sends out Sylveon while Serena goes with Beautifly to battle. Ash says, "Sylveon, use Moonblast!"

Sylveon fires the attack at Spiritomb, but Volo has Roserade step forward and uses Petal Dance to reflect it.

"Poison Powder!" Volo yells as the attack causes Beautifly to get poisoned. Serena clicks her tongue and says, "Damn it..."

She commands Beautifly to use to do Bug Buzz on Spiritomb, but Spiritomb uses Hex to knock it back.

Serena says, "Beautifly, use Rest now!" Beautifly goes to sleep as its health recovers, and then she quickly recalls it to send out the next Pokemon: Walrein.

"Now it is our chance! Sylveon! Moonblast on the Spiritomb again! Do it with Agile Style this time!" Ash yells.

Volo wants Roserade to block the attack, but it is too late as Spiritomb gets hit and it gets knocked off. Volo grits his teeth and says, "Don't you dare think this is easy."