Chapter 39 Growlithe Stolen

While Ash and Adaman are doing the research of Duskull and Dusclops, Irida asks, "I want to know, a lot of people are saying that we share the same face, and I admit that we really look alike. But I want to know why."

"You mean why we look alike?" Serena sighs. "I don't know about that. But is that a problem?"

Irida shakes her head and says, "Even though I have a lot of friends, like Palina and Lian, I never had a sister before and I don't know what it feels like to have one."

"I see..." Serena says. "I didn't have any siblings as well. So I know how you feel."

"So about you and Ash, is it true that you two are a couple of some sort?" Irida asks, and Serena blushes a little, "Well, we are dating after all. I mean, I love him and he loves me. I know for sure."

"I see." Irida says with a sigh. Serena decides to ask, "What about you and Adaman? Are you really hating each other just because you're from different clans?"

Irida says, "To be honest, I don't hate him, it is just the fact that he is rash all this time making me worry. He always talks about not wasting time and other stuff...you know how it feels, right?"

Serena says, "I think I know a little about how you feel, after traveling with him through the Crimson Mirelands. But then again, that is what makes him special, don't you think?"

Irida thinks of Serena's words and then says, "I guess you might be right about that."

Then Irida has an idea and she says, "Since we look alike, how about we become sisters? Not blood-related of course, but sworn ones?"

"Are you sure about that?" Serena asks. "I mean...I have never done that before..."

"It will be fine." Irida smiles. "It will make things easier."

"What I mean is that, I have the same last name as Adaman, won't you clan think bad of you?" Serena asks.

"If we don't tell one another, they don't know about the truth." Irida says. "Sometimes taking risks are exciting as well."

"If you say so. Sis." Serena says, and then the two girls start to chuckle. After hours of waiting, they fall asleep at the rock until Ash and Adaman manage to wake them up.

"Sorry for keeping you guys waiting." Ash says, "Those Ghost-type Pokemon are hard to defeat." Then he notices how close Serena is to Irida, and he asks, "Do we miss something?"

Serena says, "Well, Irida and I are going to become sworn sisters. Don't you think it is cool?"

"Really?" Adaman asks. "Looks like you got first, Irida...I was just about to ask Serena to become my sworn sister because of our same last names..."

"Looks like I beat you." Irida smirks.

"But still, I can have a sworn brother, right, Ash?" Adaman asks.

"Eh? I don't mind about that." Ash says.

"Hey! How dare you try to copy me?" Irida yells.

"Just trying to be equal. By the way, we must find Iscan right now for the progress." Adaman says.

After arriving at Iscan's hut, they knock on the door and he comes out. He asks, "D-did you bring it? You know...The Pokemon with a name that sounds like, um, d-dust bops..."

"Ash and I already found a bunch of them." Adaman says, "Show him, little bro."

"N-no! Don't bring it out!" Iscan says as he takes a breath, "R-right...I guess...I guess I've got to do my part, seeing how, um, determined you are...to go to that island...with Basculegion... Usually, I, um, ask Palina if the Growlithe she takes care of can help me with this bit. But this time, you need to help since...Well, since we're making this snack so that you'll be accepted by Basculegion."