Chapter 10

Fact 10:

Abraham Lincoln first fell into a deep depression after Ann Rutledge, his first love, died. Lincoln reportedly suffered from chronic depression his entire life.

                                                              ~~//~~//~~//~~

I sat on the bench trying to catch my breath to calm myself down from breaking down. I wipe the sticky liquid running down my arms. My shirt soaked in sticky caramel desert, I always seem to find myself drenched in some type of meal. It's been nearly a week and everyone is still picking on me non-stop. It has gotten worse everyday.

I knew I could take a few insults, shoves and to look down upon. I got through with that every single day for years. Now they give me this look at how much they disgust me and hate, it's like it's their mission to remind me that. When you are constantly being told you are worthless you began to believe that you are one.

Teachers know what's going on for years but they won't do anything about it of course since Jessica's parents donate alot in the school. 

After the outburst in the locker room Jessica stuck to the words she said to me. Boy, she really did commit to those words.

I stopped asking why they would do this to me? I'm just a normal teenager who is trying to get by in high school. High school just love drama, they hear gossip and believe straight away because they want something interesting to tell each other. I guess it's part of human nature for teenagers to talk about each other good or bad.

"I really admire you" A familiar voice came beside me making me jump surprised.

I look up shock to see Skyler leaning against the wall watching me. I hope he wasn't watching for that long. His blue eyes shine emotionless giving me a blank stare. His black hair ruffled messily on his head. He wore a maroon shirt showing of his olive skin showing his tattoo on his upper arm. He wore his lip ring on the right that he is known for.

He looks extra perfect today.

Should I be happy or annoyed by that?

He's gorgeous a lot of girls throw themselves at him of course.

"Huh?" Confusion cross my face. Whatever words that came out of his mouth never reached my ears.

"Nothing" He cleared his throat scratching the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you were okay. Are you okay?"

I became more confuse then before, I rearrange my expression and nodded looking away towards the ground.

"Yeah of course I am!" I smiled not bothering to lift my face towards him. "I'm always okay"

I saw something flicker over his eyes but it was gone before I could see it properly.

"How's your dad?"

"Fine"

"Um did he tell you that we're going a two weeks from now?" Skyler rub his neck fidgeting with his shirt.

"Yeah."

An awkward silence slice between us making both of us fidget aimlessly. I've been trying to prepare myself everyday to not relay on my dad. I just think that he won't be there one day, he won't be there to hold my hand to reassure me that everything will be okay. He won't be there to greet right when I step into the house. He won't be there to ask how was my day. He won't be there to tell me to get up and get to school. He won't be there when I need to look up to him for help.

He won't be there anymore.

I know it's going to be hard and I'm scared for when that day is about to come.