Chapter 22

Fact 22:

The economic cost of depression is estimated at $30.4 billion a year but the cost in human suffering cannot be estimated.

~~//~~//~~//~~

I laid down on the mountains of pillows staring at him seeing the pained expression pooled in his eyes. I sighed wanting to take his mind of it, to take his pain the way he so easily has done for me many times. I see the way his body is still tense and I see he is trying. He is trying to not blame himself and it will take awhile until he starts believing and forgiving himself when there is nothing to forgive in the first place.

I got up and crawled where he sat on the edge of the bed his back towards me. I sat behind him and hug him from behind with my legs on either side of his body. He immediately stopped tensing and relaxing agains my touch. I lean my head against his shoulder where he turn to look at me. He place his large hands on my legs pulling me closer.

"I'm here Sky, I'm here for you." I whispered a promise to him.

He lift his eyes turning his body facing me fully our face inches apart. He came closer lifting his hand creasing my cheeks with his light fingers. I take in a small gasp of air watching the way his eyes narrow down to my lips and the way he drew closer to me. His fingers brush along my lower lip causing my heart to pound too fast for me to handle. His forehead press against mine, my fingers itch to pull him closer.

"Can I kiss you Hailey?" He lift his eyes away from my lips.

My mouth watered at the realization of what's about to come. I nodded swallowing loudly my nerves spiking up as he reach for me the first boy I ever had a crush on. The first boy I ever fell in love with, the first boy I cried about and the one that wiped it away so easily making me feel special.

The moment he place his lips on me I sighed as if it's the first time I've breathed in fresh air. Both his hands place on either side of my head pulling me closer. His soft lips mold against mine in a perfect movement. It's like time stood still for us even just for a moment. I feel the pain in his lips, I feel the deperation to get rid of it and I want to be the one and only one to take his pain from him.

I moved my lips against his in perfect rhytem, he nipped my lower lip making me moan he then slipped his tongue inside colliding his tongue with mine. I raised my hand placing it flat against his chest wanting every piece of him. My breathing turned into panting feeling his skilful lips move faster against mine.

He then lay me down without breaking the kiss I took in control feeling braver kiss him with as much hunger as he did. I deepen the kiss tasting the gin in his mouth but it's not revolting instead I crave for his taste more and more. He gave a throaty moan his body pressing against mine, I took this opportunity to wrap my legs around him.

Our breathing became harsher and faster from the amount of kissing and lack of oxygen. He pulled away slightly an overwhelming feeling course through me ready to explode. My heavy eyes lift up to find him staring at me his eyes lingering every inch of my face. His lips plum and red from the kiss, his eyes dialated.

"Was that your first kiss?" He remove the hair away from my face.

"Yes." I blush slightly embarssed that my first kiss is at 18.

A slow grin formed on his lips before he press a quick kiss on my lips.

For all of the time I've imagine a moment like this with him it's more better then I imagine it and I imagined it perfect. 

"Good."

"Is it?" I questioned lifting my hand to lace my hand through his hair.

So many questions race through my mind but I try not let it get to me and focus on now. Focus on what's happening and enjoy it.