Chapter 13

Fact 13:

Because the brains of older people are more vulnerable to chemical abnormalities, they are more likely than young people to suffer depression.

(Funeral song in the story by Dave Baxter- Whisper)

                                                                        ~~//~~~//~~

During the flight back home Sky's family has been supportive Amy and David volunteered to do the funeral and I didn't have to stress about it too much. I just sat back and nodded the whole way or at times I would just stare at them blankly and they would see that I have lost interest so they let me be.

Sky has been beside me the whole way, he would offer me something to eat or drink. He would say things like 'Everything will be okay you'll see' or 'you're not alone.' I try to find comfort in his words but I couldn't because it seems like nothing will be okay and I am alone. The only person in the world that really loved is gone. Who's going to be there for me now? Who am I going to run to when things are hard? Who is going to tell me that everything is going to be fine?

No one. No one has ever been there, only him.

I'm going to go in a empty house that's filled with memories that will only hurt me and no one would be there to say 'Some day things will get better. Some day you won't be sad anymore'

"Sweetie can we talk to you?" Amy's heart shape face that always looks flawless and always lit up in happinesss has darkened and left a trace of tiredness in her face.

Beside her David who looks even worst then her and I never imagine these beautiful people would look so tired with deep dark circles around their eyes and big red eyes.

"Sure" I nodded.

"Tim told us you're turning 18 in a few months but your dad never wants you to be alone so he asked us if you could live with us. Amy and I will be very happy if accept our offer. You can stay as long as you want and you don't have to worry about anything. Tim is like my brother he's family and you're part of our family." 

David's words made my throat tighten making me speechless. I don't weather it's because I would be living in their mansion or that he considers me part of his family.

"I...I don't know what to say" My brain seem to work slow at the moment and I couldn't process anything.

My eyes snap towards Sky who gave me a small smile nodding for me to take up their offer.

"Say yes I think having you around will make it easier to move on to know that Tim never really left because I see him in you. I see your mother too." David gave me a sad smile.

My throat tightened at his words making me choke up at his words. My eyes blurr not sure if that made me feel better or worst. They look at the broken girl infront of them and they see my dad, a person that's always there for everyone even if they are not there for them. My mom I always hear how loving and caring she is and how much kindness she gave to strangers. I'm neither of that I don't see my mom's beauty and kindness in me or my dad's positive out going persona all I see is a broken girl with no where to go.

I felt my warm tears trail down my cheeks and I never felt more hurt then ever before.

"You break my heart you sweet sweet girl" Amy came up to me pulling me into a hug.

I returned any comfort that was given to me trying to find some relief they are trying to give me. She smooth my hair whispering words in my ear. All I could do is nod and cry like these past days and everytime it hurts to cry more.