Chapter 5

Fact 5:

To reach diagnosis of depression, your depressed mood must last longer than two weeks.

                                                                ~~//~~//~~//~~

I look over at my dad, he's having his bad day today. He gagged onto the bucket, hearing the vomit hitting the bucket. I shook my head and grab the glass of water rubbing his back comforting him.

"Dad I want to stay home and look after you, I can-

"No," He waved his hand. "Go to school education is important" He pointed out.

I want to tell him I hate school, I hate everything about it and how they make me feel but I also want to make me proud of me knowing in the future I will successful.  

"Okay." I sighed deeply pushing away the dread. 

"Johnson here can look after me" He smiled to reassure me.

I look into my fathers eyes and saw pain and I couldn't help but cry.

"Oh sweetie don't cry please" He begged taking my hand.

"I love you so much dad" I bit my lip trying to keep my sob in.

"I know, I know Angel. Come here so I can hug you" He pull me lightly.

I let out a cry when made contact I don't want to lose my dad. How can I move on from losing him when thinking about it creates a panic in me that I can't control. What happens when he's gone and all I'm left with is my mind poisoning every part of me. 

"I don't like seeing my baby girl cry." He wipe my tears his eyes glassy.

I took a deep breath and try to control my emotions. He frown at me seeing how much this is hurting me.

"I'll be back soon" I look at the dark circle forming under his eyes.

"Good." He smiled.

I half smiled and walk away, Johnson gave me a sad smile knowing the pain I have to go through as he enter the room. It only brought more tears to come feeling his days coming to an end. I took my bag off the ground and look back at my dad in the same old bed, I gave him a small wave and head out.

I took a deep breath encouraging myself to start a new day trying to get a hold of my emotions. I try to get away from all the pain but no matter where I go someone will always be there to hurt me. I walk along the path, the cold breeze hit my wet face. All I want to do now is crawl into a black hole, but maybe today it won't be that bad.

The sun blazed above me, shadow creeping behind me as I walk slowly. Hearing the birds, insect around me is making me feel peaceful. For a little while I stop and stare at the sky so just maybe for alittle while I can feel happy.

"Hailey? Are you okay?" A red car appear on my vision as I look to my side.

"Yeah," I cleared my throat and smiled at Kyle.

He gave me concern face, I gave him a fake smile trying to hide the pain but I feel my lips wobble trying to hold in my tears.

"Hop in" He offered poking his head out the window.

"No it's okay, I want to walk." I look up ahead.

"Okay" I heard the door opening.

I look at him confused why he's hopping out. He flash me a smile and jog towards me with his school bag.

"I'll walk with you" He smiled.

"What about your car?"

"Don't worry about it I can walk you home after school to get it. It's good exercise." He grinned.