Chapter 44

When my eyes landed on his I felt the need to turn around and sprint out of here. I thought I could handle it because it's been years but I felt just as helpless when I was a teenager. Helpless to his unforgettable eyes that always makes me lost in whatever I was doing. Helpless with the way he speak and say my name and the sound of his voice. I'm helpless when it comes to him and even if years past by he still makes my heart jolt wildly.

Four years of remaking myself is hard, even the way I spoke and the way I dressed. I erased every detail of that weak teenager that was so consumed with grief and pain that ripped my mind apart and I let it. I would always let myself be destroyed by my own doing.

I did what Harry told me to do. To be more successful then any of them and I will take everything they owe and I will strip them of everything they love. Jessica is the number one target.

It's not only she took Sky away from me or that she humiliated me at any chance she got. Something much more bigger happened, something I will never forget.

I still remember that first few months of being away from all of them and I missed everyone of them. I felt like my life turned empty and a complete cycle of routine. Even though I was studying and learning about the business my dad left behind nothing is fulfilling this emptiness in me.

I called on the fifth month, I called Sky I felt completely alone and when I feel alone I always crave him more. I thought I was strong enough to not need him but I kept thinking about him recently all my strength completely faded and I just wanted to hear his voice.

So I dialed his number and who picked up broke me to pieces all over again.

"Hello?" She spoke irritated and I would recognize that voice any where.

They are together, of course they are together, I'm so stupid. I was about to quickly hang up but then she spoke up again.

"It's you isn't it? Hailey?" She spoke coldly my heart completely coming to a stop shock that she even guessed it was me.

"I know it's you" She chuckled coldly. "Even if you don't speak I can sense the pathetic presence just ooze out of you."

I should have hanged but I didn't, it was like I just love getting myself hurt and putting myself in situation for her to torment me.

"Well if you're looking for my boyfriend he is in the shower right now." She emphasize on the word boyfriend. "Skyler and I always laugh at the things he shares about you to me. It's hysterical how you think he cares so much about you when you were just there for his entertainment-

That's when I hung up and the tears I thought I would never shed came rushing down my face. I am pathetic because after all this time I still can't escape even millions and miles away. He never truly cared about me so why can't I let him go?

I've left the city, hell I left the stupid country to find peace away from him and find myself again but I find myself thinking about him again.

It was right the next day when I got a phone call from someone I hired to watch over the house and investigate what started the fire. Police say it was the gas but I have doubts about it, it just doesn't make sense to me.

"Simon what's up?" I answered his call.

"My cameras showed activity happening in your home address. There is a male here most probably your age, he is looking around the property for something. I am going to send you-

He paused my curiosity spiking up some more.

"What is it Simon?"

"There is another person with him a girl, I'm going to send you a photo and tell me if you recognize any of them."