Chapter 16

Fact 16:

Approximately 80% sufferers of depression are not receiving treatment.

                                                                    ~~//~~//~~//~~

"So Hailey you're coming to my party right?" Jessica sat herself in front of me in science class.

"Oh..um" My eyes trail over to Sky who is seated next to me giving me a disapproval look. "Thanks but I don't-

"You have to come please? It's my birthday and it's going to be big everybody is going even Skyler. Am I right Skyler?" She stare at him smirking, a wicked look flash across her face.

I didn't think anything of it because she always held this look.

"I don't think I'm coming to this year." Sky spoke.

"That's a lie you have to come just bring Hailey along." She purse her perfectly colored lipstick her green eyes shinning.

I can see why Sky would find her attractive, why the whole school finds her attractive. She have big hazel eyes long wavy brown silky hair at times she would dye it blond. She have long legs with her natural tan skin and great body teenage girls wish they have. She is perfect in every way and most high school students are drawn to people who is perfect in almost every way.

"I'll think about it Jessica." Sky mumbled I can tell he's getting annoyed.

Jessica sighed deeply before storming off towards her gang of friends waiting for her.

"Can I ask you something?" I spoke up for the first time since we arrived at school.

I heard people throughout the time Sky and Jessica was going out they knew they were both cheating on each other but yet they stayed together. That always had me curious, what's the point of staying together if you're unhappy?

"Sure." He put his pen down his eyes snapping at me.

"Why did you stay with Jessica all those years? Since the beginning of high school you two hit it off and seemed perfect for each other."

His face seem to twist like he didn't like the words I used to describe them together.

"Far from perfect Hailey." He shook his head. "I was a fourteen year old boy who saw the first hot high school girl. I was smitten and my hormones were every where, I never loved her but I liked her a lot and I thought this girl is one of the perfect girl and I had her since the beginning." A small bitter smile made its way on his lips.

A lump form my throat seeing sadness wash over his eyes and for a second I saw a hint of bitterness and anger towards Jessica I don't understand. There's a much bigger story behind their perfect smiles and perfect couple moments they share in public. I wanted to ask so much more questions to make me understand why Jessica is so nasty and bitter towards me. I wanted to understand their relationship too, my curiosity spiked up.

"Things were great from the beginning but she's not the person who I thought she was. I think we grew comfortable in being in a relationship, a broken relationship."

"If you were so unhappy with being with her why couldn't you just walk away?" I asked curious.

He pause and I can see million thoughts running through his mind and I also see the hesitation. I almost want to take back my question because I know I shouldn't be asking such personal things. We aren't even that close for him to talk to me about it. I held my tongue though I wanted to know his feelings towards her because yes I am jealous. Yes I hate the way Jessica would cling onto him and whisper things in his ears. I hate having to picture them two together for almost four years, the memories they held.