Chapter 11

Fact 11:

As many as 15% of those who suffer from some form of depression take their lives each year.

                                                                     ~~//~~//~~//~~

"Are you ready dad?" I zipped my suit case.

"Now I'm ready" Dad packed his pills inside his bag. "Your mom always wanted to go to Paris and do that cheesy lock thing and throw the key over the bridge." He chuckled wheeling himself out the room.

"Mom is the romantic one you're the clueless one" I joked making him laugh.

"Excuse me I'm the romantic one!" He defended pretending to be offended.

I dragged our suit case out the house and place it infront of our porch waiting for David and Amy to pick us up.

"Right dad" I rolled my eyes amused. "Because going out to in-n-out for your anniversary is so romantic"

"It was. We didn't have that much money back then but it was enough" He grinned. "That was her favourite restaurant and I knew the manager and he let us have the restaurant all to our selves. Then after that at night I brought to this lake that not a lot of people know about. We rowed into the night of the lake and I brought her into this dark cave where there is glow worms every where." My dad looked in the distant a smile lingering on his face as he remember that day.

"The glow worm glow was so bright in the dark that we just sat there in silence for hours and it was like stars just in our reach." He whispered.

My eyes soften seeing the love and affection that never vanished for her. His eyes snapped at me a smile that made him look a lot younger and healthier made me smile back no matter how sad I am that day I would smile back at him.

"So tell me which one is more romantic going to paris and lock and vow our love on a fence infront of the eiffle tower or rent a fast food restaurant for one day and row over the lake in the dark with glow worms that shine like stars?" He grinned.

"I like your story better" I said honestly smiling at the love they have for each other.

"I like it too. We didn't have money but we made the best of it"

"You always have ways to make the best of everything" I smiled.

He looked at me lovingly like he always do. Tears hit his eyes but like me he never shed it.

Two white shinny Range Rover pulled infront of us, wow they sure like to ride in style. Amy hopped out she looked more elegant then she always look. David looked like a rich man that is ready for a boat curise. Sky looks gorgeous the way he always do without even trying. I feel kind of out of place with these beautiful people.

"Hey darling" Amy hugged me. "Gorge the bag please" She asked the driver nicely.

"Yes ma'm"

"Thank you."

"Let's go old man time is wasting" David pushed my dad's wheel chair. "Hey Hailey" David greet over my shoulder.

I smiled back in return watching David help my dad inside the car. Sky walked up to me with a small smile that caught my attention.

"You're riding with me" He smiled.

I walked towards his car and hopped in feeling my stomach stir just being in his presence. Am I sweating? I rub my palms on my jeans. How am I going to get through these past weeks with him when I'm already sweating bullets.