Chapter 18

Fact 18:

The average video gamer is typically 35-year-old male who is most likely depressed, overweight, and introverted.

                                                             ~~//~~//~~//~~

My eyes automatically found his when I walked down the stairs my heart pounded louder as his eyes held mine in place. 

"Morning sweetie." Amy greeted with a warm smile. 

"Morning!" David is extra cherry making Amy look at her husband lovingly. 

"Morning." I smiled back but my eyes stayed to Sky. 

The way he touched me that night still burning on my skin like a touch of fire running along where he touched me reminding me of that moment. He came back for me and not only that he did something no one has ever done for me. Make me feel better. 

His idea of having a bubble bath made me laugh at how excited he looked. No one truly made me feel this way. The way he easily made me laugh so quick for me to forget what happened to me, so quick to forget the sadness that it terrifies me. I can still hear his laughter and his playfully behavior towards me. His words still imprinted in my mind that had me catching my breath because he have no idea does he? What he's doing to me. 

I sat on the table in front of him a smirk landing on his lips that looked so good on him it's almost sinister. The way his dark black hair is pulled styled on his head without much effort for him to pull off. His clothes suits everything about him from head to toe. The structure of his face and the way his tall lean body would move underneath his clothes distracts me. 

"How was the party kids?" David look up from his plate. 

I see the way Sky's shoulders tense at the mention of the party last night. My thoughts of Jessica made me frown almost forgetting what I have to face today. 

"Great." Sky huffed out a lie. 

I wonder what his parents think of Jessica. Do they like her? Do they have family dinners when ever they can? Do they like her for Sky? For those four years in being together do they miss having her around? 

Those thoughts seem to create an uncomfortable twist in my stomach imagining Jessica here like this with them. 

My eyes flicker over to Sky seeing his frown as he stared at me like he's trying to figure me out. My eyes quickly avoid his hoping he didn't see.

"Alright we are off." Sky stood up. 

"You haven't even finished your food." Amy scowl. "And Hailey hasn't even eaten hers yet." 

"That's okay I'll get her something on the way." Sky lean to kiss his mom my eyes softening at the gesture never seeing him this way with his mom. David actually had a special handshake with his son making me chuckle admiring their relationship. 

Amy stood up and circle her arms around me her lovely fragrance hit my nose making me smile at her and the way she held me. She kiss the side of my head and smiled with the kindest smile I've seen. 

"I'll see you soon." She grin. 

"Yeah kiddo bring it in here." David stood up loudly causing both Amy and Sky to laugh. 

I slowly step towards him and as if my actions were too slow for him he grab hold of my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. A big wide smile spread across my lips never thought feeling this much vulnerability in front of these people who I thought were dad's old friends but now something much stronger is bonding all of us.