Chapter 43

Sky's POV

"Dude where are you going it's not even mid night yet!" Kris looks at me confused to see me walk out the door.

"Kris you know I'm not in the mood to party" I sighed.

"You haven't been in the mood to do anything since you broke up with her" Kris rolled his eyes.

Kris will not understand the feeling of loving someone but could never hold them. He won't know the ache that forms into one giant dark mess that buries deep in my head. He won't know the self loathing that comes everytime I think of her. He won't understand until he loves someone too and I hope for his sake that he won't go through what I had to.

"I'm going home" I finish the vodka in my cup and toss it at him hoping to his his face but he quickly dodged it chucking softly.

The graduation party is the biggest party of the year, everybody is here. Jessica was of course the one that organized it all. She rented a place, got a DJ and everything a party needs. She loves to be the center of attention. She had her arms around me like a prize and it was starting to piss me off so I'm leaving.

I grab a taxi and finally get back home sighing in relief to see my house. I walked inside and up the stairs but when I pass Hailey's room it was wide open. I frown deeply moving closer smelling her familiar perfume the I love. A hint of vanilla and woody scent, I use to crave for that smell that I held her bottle of perfume and just kept it near me whenever I need to feel close to her. It's still in my room and I wonder what she would think if she saw that there.

I flicked the light on revealing the empty bedroom making my gut twist painfully. Moving inside the room felt odd, like something is not right. The room looks tidy, really tidy. Her hair comb is not on her vanity, her bag of make up is placed messily on top. No trace of her being here is gone and there is a slight panic setting in.

Rushing to her closet I yanked the door open and turned the lights on seeing the emptiness there.

She's gone. She's not here.

There is this sort of numbness that I felt, an emptiness over coming any thoughts that came through in my mind.

Did I hope that she would change her mind and stay here for a long time. Did I hope maybe one day in the future we can finally get back to the way it was suppose to be. Did I hope that if I have her close to me at least I know she's safe. Did I hope that this tense feeling between us would slowly fade away and we could look at each other the same way as before.

I want all those things, I wish for all those things.

I feel foot steps behind me making me look over my shoulder finding my dad standing there with an understanding look.

"Did she already move to Kyle's house?" My voice felt strange.

I feel like a shell, with no emotion and robotic movements. A frown is placed on his face looking over at me shaking his head.

"No son she left the country." He informed making my stomach drop.

"What?" I whispered my throat restricting.

It suddenly dawned on me that I won't know when I will be able to see her. I can't call her and hear her voice when she resent me for what I've done to her. It gave me a little peace knowing that even though she's not here with me, she's always close by. We could bump to each other in the street and force mom and dad to beg her to come for dinner only to give me an excuse to be around her. An excuse to find out if she's doing okay or if she found some better then me.

That thought alone is driving me crazy. As selfish as it sounds I don't want her to be with anyone else other then me. I don't want to have to picture him holding her and making her life. I don't want to picture him kissing her and telling her how much he loves her.