Chapter 19

Fact 19:

On a worldwide basis, depression ranks fourth as a cause of disability and early death according to the Global Burden of Disease Study.

                                                                       ~~//~~//~~//~~ 

Today I woke up not feeling any sadness, today I learnt what it felt to wake up and not feel the weighing sadness on my shoulders. Today I woke up happy and for the first time in a long time I had a smile on my face when I opened my eyes. 

It was the best feeling ever. 

Maybe this is the day. The day I'm happy and I'm not sad anymore.

I sat up and smiled from the memories of him last night and the feelings he wakened inside of me. I've never experience this feeling before and for once I want to keep this feeling. I got up and stretched finding everything all of a sudden beautiful. The warm sun creeping inside trailing up on the dark wooden floor. 

I got ready for school not at all dreading this day I am actually excited. Excited to see him and spend time with him even though it's school. I know I can't say how I feel and it's an inner struggle that ruins everything for me but being with him and just looking at him it feels like he understands. He understand me without me having to explain anything. 

We wasted time looking at stars that I wish was real last night. He made me laugh more then I have in my whole life. 

I could almost skip downstairs but I held the urge to because how embarrassing would that be. I walk downstairs greeted by maids and the security guard John who smiled warmly at me. They were already at the table with breakfast that could feed more people in this house. 

"Morning sweetie." Amy was always the first one to greet me.

David would then flash me a smile over his news paper or script on hand. Then Sky would snap his eyes towards me and that's when my heart would launch itself right up my throat then his lips would turn into a smirk as if he heard how fast it's beating. 

"Hi." I sounded breathless making mentally cringe.

"Hi." He grin looking up from his toast. 

I sat in front of him my smile widening at how perfect he looks. He's perfect in every way and he doesn't see it. Not just because of his appearance he is kind, he loves his family and he trust easily and that shows his kind nature. That's what drew me to him the way he has always been sticking up for me and he never expect anything in return not even a thank you. He's unlike anybody I've ever met. 

Last night was nothing I can compare it to. I was in absolute bliss and I didn't want to get off it. 

"Look everyone here is the invitation to the grand ball." Amy read opening the perfectly designed white envelop with golden wax that sealed it. 

"Oh no here we go again." David frown hiding behind his news paper and hiding from his wife's glare. 

I look at them amused seeing David flinch catching my stare shaking his head at me as if a warning.

"Run, Hailey run before it's too late." He exclaimed earning a laugh to escape my lips. 

"David." Amy kicked him under the table hearing him hiss in pain.

"Damn women I'm going to be in a wheelchair soon from a broken knee cap." He groan rubbing his knee. 

Amy ignored him rolling her eyes playfully back to me a smile held on her lips that makes her always carefree and have a joyful personality.