Sleepy

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I managed to make it through the rest of the ball with nothing happening. The trade agreement was announced and it seemed to go over pretty well. I noticed that Elvira never left my side through the night. The rest of the queens would leave to mingle, only one at a time but Elvira stayed by my side.

At the end of the ball, it was required to stay until all the guests left. Some of them wished to speak with me and while they did get their wish, the queens were only a couple feet behind me. The kings had returned for the announcement and to speak with people a little bit before they had disappeared again.

"Do you need me to heal any more bruises?" Queen Elvira said once the last guest had left. I thought about my waist which was still extremely sore.

"I think so, I think I have one on my waist," I answered with a small frown. She nodded as she pursed her lips in thought.

"In about an hour I will come to your room to heal it, that should give us both plenty of time to change out of these dresses and perhaps allow you to get some of that glitter out of your hair," Queen Elvira said. I nodded my head in understanding as she left the room after a moment. I left the room only seconds after her, hurrying to my room.

I quickly changed out of my dress, deciding to take a shower to try and get the glitter out of my hair. I stood under the water for a couple of minutes, letting the water soak into my hair before I started shampooing it. When I looked at my hands after shampooing my hair, they were covered in a lot of glitter. I washed my hands of the glitter before I tried to massage the shampoo into my head some more. Once again, my hands came back covered in glitter.

I decided to just wash the shampoo out of my hair after that and did so, running my fingers through my hair to avoid it getting tangled together. I used conditioner on the ends of my hair, enjoying the feeling of how soft my hair was from it. I waited a couple moments before I washed the conditioner out and then turned the water off. I looked down and saw that the water had glitter mixed into it, the red sparkles swirling in the water.

I shook my head as I hurried to get dressed, putting on a simple white nightgown that had wave designs on it. I settled on the edge of my bed, waiting slightly impatiently for Queen Elvira. My eyes remained on the door as I bounced my leg.

I had taken a good look at my waist while in the bathroom and there was a pretty dark bruise on it. Bruising didn't normally happen that fast, it took a day or two for them to darken so that told me that the man had gripped me pretty tightly. I also noticed that there was a scratch over the bruise. I assumed that his nails had dug into my waist when he grabbed me and left the scratch mark.

I hurried to the door when there was a knock on it, opening it quickly. Queen Elvira stepped into my room, looking down at me with amusement in her eyes. I flushed when I realized how eager I must have looked and tried to tone it down.

"Do you have any more bruising?" she questioned as she shut the door behind her.

"It's on my waist," I said as I headed to my bed. She followed closely behind me and I laid on my side, pulling my nightgown up slightly on the side to reveal my waist. I flush when I realized that she could see my panties even if she could only see a little bit of them. She frowned at the sight of the bruise and I felt her hand rest on it. Her hand was cold and I watched as it glowed gold.

"You poor thing," Queen Elvira said as she shook her head. I was surprised at how tired I felt, my eyes closing as I felt the magic work through my body. "Falling asleep are we?" she questioned and I felt a hand smooth my hair out of my face. I flushed when I realized I hadn't tied my hair back and my eyes fluttered open to look at her. She had a small smile on her face as she looked down at me.

"You smile?" I questioned tiredly as she finished healing the bruise. She gently pulled my nightgown down into place, looking at me curiously as she tilted her head.

"Yes, I do," she said, sounding confused and slightly amused.

"Never seen you smile 'fore. Is pretty, you always look grumpy when I'm around," I murmured as I wrapped my arm around my pillow as I looked at her, feeling half asleep.

"I am usually grumpy as you say. It's very stressful to try and settle trade agreements in three days," Queen Elvira said as she gently tucked the blanket around me. Her eyes were glittering with barely concealed amusement. "I'll leave you to go to bed, you are about to fall asleep on me," she laughed as she stood up. I whined into my pillow as I watched her leave.

I stood up after a moment and left the room, following behind her. She turned around slightly about halfway down the hallway. She sighed as she stepped towards me, looking down at me with a small frown.

"What is it you need little missy?" she questioned. "You should be in bed," she said as I looked down at the floor.

"Stay," I murmured as I looked up at her hopefully. "Just 'til I fall asleep?" I asked as I looked at her hopefully. She sighed and nodded, taking my hand into her own and guiding me back to my room. I hurried back to my bed, tugging her along with me. I climbed into bed, not letting go of her hand as I laid on my side to face her as she sat on the edge of my bed.

I buried my face into my pillow slightly as I squeezed her hand gently. My eyes grew heavier until I was on the verge of being asleep, feeling the bed shift slightly. I felt a gentle kiss be pressed against my forehead and I bit back a smile as I fell into a deep sleep.