Drunk

I think I just like embarrassing my characters at this point

Character list for this chapter-
Queen Riniya-Elven Queen
King Folmar-Elven King

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

As soon as I woke up, I left the room with quiet mutters of apologies. I brushed past the Kings who had just entered the room. I felt like my cheeks were going to be permanently red from my embarrassment. I didn't know whether I was more embarrassed about them holding and treating me as a child or the fact that I had actually enjoyed it. My mind had felt all fuzzy the entire time I was with them and I didn't know what to think about it.

I had retreated to my room, curling up with the book on how to deal with my emotions. I didn't remember how it got here but I assumed Elvira had put it in here last night. I didn't like what it said though, it didn't explain what emotion made my mind all fuzzy and why I liked being treated like a kid. I ended up throwing the book across the room, immediately feeling bad when it hit the wall and fell to the floor. I felt guilty for losing my temper but I didn't need the stupid book to control my emotions.

I ended up digging in my trunk to find the whiskey that I had packed. I pulled the bottle out, opening it up after contemplating it for a while. I took a sip of it, wincing at the burning trail that it left down my throat. My grandfather had always said that whiskey could help solve any problem that someone had. I didn't know how much I believed that but I was willing to try anything at this point.

I sat in front of the bed, taking occasional sips as I contemplated what had happened earlier in the day. The whiskey had stopped burning after a couple of drinks from the bottle. I continued to drink as I thought over everything. I only realized my mistake when the bottle ran dry, a small huff escaping me. The bottle had been three quarters of the way full which meant I had drank quite a bit. I had slept through lunch and skipped dinner, a bad idea when drinking so much liquor.

When I stood up I felt wobbly, almost like a newborn deer. I also made the mistake of standing up with the whiskey bottle in my hand. I ended up dropping it when I tried to steady myself, wincing at the crash of the bottle as it hit the ground. I cursed under my breath as I realized that the whiskey bottle had shattered. Of course it could survive when I threw it from the balcony of my room to the courtyard a year ago but it would shatter when it fell like four feet to the ground.

I would need to go find a dustpan and a broom. I decided to forgo wearing heels because being drunk and wearing heels sounded like a bad idea. I walked out of my room, noticing that it was well into the night. Most of the guards seemed to be gone, presumably moved to guard somewhere else.

I didn't really know where I would find a dustpan and broom. I assumed I would just look around until I found one or until I found a maid who would know where I could get one. I assumed I would run into someone sooner or later. It seems it would be sooner seeing as I rounded the corner and bumped into someone. I huffed as I fell back, a small pout on my lips.

"Are you alright little one?" Queen Riniya's voice was soft as she crouched down to look at me. I looked up at her with a pout, crossing my arms over my chest.

"'m fine," I said, watching as her nose wrinkled slightly when I spoke. I scrambled up, swaying slightly from the sudden movement. She moved to steady me, wrapping an arm around my waist. I just realized how much taller she was than me. "How tall are you?" I asked, staring up at her.

"6'8"," she said simply as I stared up at her in awe. She was the tallest person I had ever met, why had it not occurred to me that she was so tall? I suppose it had been because I hadn't spent much one on one time with her and most of the queens were only a couple inches shorter than her. Then something else occurred to me.

"Your husband is even taller. How tall is he?" I asked wide-eyed with disbelief. She laughed at the expression on my face.

"7'," Riniya said as she smiled softly as my eyebrows furrowed in thought. "What are you doing out of bed little one? You should have been asleep ages ago," she said as she tsked in disapproval.

"Broke glass, wanted to clean it up," I whispered in explanation as I looked down, feeling guilty. I heard her sigh as she tilted my head up with her free hand, her other arm still wrapped around me.

"I'll have a maid come clean it but you are going straight to bed," Queen Riniya said as she took my hand. I felt like a naughty child who just got scolded for staying up past my bedtime. I followed her as she led me back to my room, having me change into my nightgown. After that she made me lay down, tucking me in before going to leave. The glass had already been cleaned up somehow.

"Don't leave, have to stay until I fall asleep," I said as I grabbed her arm. My words grew more and more slurred as a mixture of my sleepiness and my intoxication. "If not, I tell people you are a mean snob," I said simply.

"Oh?" Queen Riniya arched a single eyebrow as she looked down at me. I squirmed under her gaze, looking down at my lap with a small pout. "I'll stay little one," she said as she sat down on the edge of my bed. I cuddled up to her, whining softly when she ran her fingers through my hair. I settled down, quickly drifting off to sleep with her humming.