Nursing

Characters mentioned in this chapter-
Queen Mirage and Queen Variel- Shapeshifter queens
King Thorne and Queen Ordelial- Pop and Mumma

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

Queen Variel hadn't let go of my hand at all, just holding it through the entire movie. I thought about pulling my hand away at some points but decided that I didn't mind her holding my hand the entire time.

At one point I end up on Queen Mirage's lap, being cradled by her as she lets me cuddle into her. I don't remember how or why I ended up there but I don't dare to complain. Her lap was very comfortable and she was very gently playing with my hair.

Variel still kept holding my hand even then, laying in a way that she could keep her eyes on me and on the movie. I could tell she didn't like the fact that I was so far away, glaring at Queen Mirage the whole time whenever she did anything.

Something about the dark room, the handholding, the cuddles, and the movie made me feel so little. My head felt so fuzzy, a mixture of sleepiness and being little making me want to never move. When Queen Mirage does try to move me, I grunt in protest and turn to hide my face into her arm, making her laugh slightly.

"Sorry sweetheart," Queen Mirage says as she glances at Variel who is looking at her with an angry look. I don't know why I've decided to call her just Variel while Queen Mirage kept the Queen part. Queen didn't sound right on her though, maybe Auntie would be better.

"Hey, Vari. Can you do Mumma a big favor and go find one of Nymeria's mommies or daddies?" Auntie Mirage asks after a moment, a small smile on her lips. Variel shakes her head, making Auntie Mirage frown.

"No...not allowed," Variel says.

"Why is it not allowed?" Auntie Mirage says, making Variel huff.

"Because she's my baby now," Variel says, whining when Auntie Mirage gets up. I whine too, trying to settle down in her arms as I hear the sound of fabric ripping.

"Variel, that is enough! Nymeria can certainly be your friend but you do not get to damage property when I try to return her to her caregivers," Auntie Mirage says, her voice holding a sharp warning to it. I squirm slightly, lifting my head to see that Variel had shapeshifted into a bobcat. Stuffing from the seats lay around her.

Variel shifts back, looking at Auntie Mirage with an angry look. She grabbed some of the stuffing and tossed it at her, accidentally hitting me as well since I was cradled against Auntie Mirage. The stuffing only hits my leg but it's enough to startle me and make me cry. I don't know why exactly but I hated how it felt when it touched my leg and even if it wasn't still touching my leg, I could still image the feeling.

"Variel!" Auntie Mirage scolds, her voice raising slightly which only upsets me more. Why was she angry? Had I done something?

"I didn't mean to," Variel sounds super apologetic, scrambling to stand in front of Auntie Mirage as she checks on me. I cry harder, not wanting anyone that close to me ever!

"We will be discussing this fit of yours later," Auntie Mirage says as she bounces me slightly, trying to soothe me as I keep crying. I don't know what's wrong with me but Auntie Mirage seems to have a faint idea as to what could possibly be wrong seeing as she pats my bottom lightly and sits me up in her arms.

"Sorry, sorry I scare you. Please be okay baby," Variel says as she tries to be right next to me, Auntie Mirage holding her hand as they walk out of the theater. My cries don't stop but they lessen slightly, the light making me have to close my eyes.

Auntie Mirage walks for a little bit before she seems to pick up the pace. My fingers have slipped into my mouth, something that seems to have soothed my tears for now. I play with one of her sleeves, my attention on that.

All of a sudden, she's trying to move out of her arms and I squeal in protest, squirming to try and go back to play with her sleeve.

"I know baby, Mumma is so mean," Mumma's voice startles me and I jerk my head up to look at her. I squeal happily, grabbing onto her however I can so she can't let me go. She pulls me close, letting my hand cling to the neckline of her dress with my free hand, my fingers still in my mouth.

"Thank goodness, I think your baby is starting to get hungry," Auntie Mirage says. I don't even try to look at her, my focus is on my Mumma and how pretty she is. She bounces me slightly, making me giggle before I realize there's someone way too close. I pull my fingers out of my mouth, using that hand to try and push the man away.

"Oh, not sharing now are we?" Pop's voice surprises me and I glance at his face to realize it's just him. I squeal happily, not trying to get out of Mumma's arms but not ignoring him either. Mumma bounces me, taking my attention very quickly.

"I'm going to go feed this one, seeing as she looks like she's been crying from hunger," Mumma says as she sways in place.

"Can you say bye?" Mumma asks, turning me in her arms slightly so that I look at Auntie Mirage and Variel. I babble, Mumma lifting my arm up so that I wave. I don't really care about saying goodbye, I'm just happy to be held by Mumma.

Mumma bounces me slightly as she starts to carry me away, Variel waving bye frantically until I'm out of sight. Pop is talking with Auntie Mirage, making me wonder what they're talking about. Mumma takes me straight to her room, or what I assume is her room based on the pool that takes up half of it. How did they get a pool so high up inside? That was so cool!

Mumma sits down in a chair, holding me tightly as I try to lean down to look at the water. Mumma bounces her leg slightly, making me nearly fall which is very funny to me. Once she stops doing that though, she pulls me back up so that I'm snuggled close to her chest. I stare at her with confusion, wondering what she's doing when she tugs her top down.  I wrinkle my brows slightly, pulling her bra out of the way.

I snuggle closer, hesitantly latching on once she guides my mouth to her nipple. Her thumb strokes my cheek lightly, making me start suckling as she rocks slowly. I'm very surprised when I suddenly have milk in my mouth, my eyes widening as I look up at her. I unlatch, babbles escaping me.

"Oh wow," Mumma says, trying to guide me to go back to nursing, however I have to tell her what just happened!

"I know baby, there's milk. And you need to nurse before you throw yourself into another hungry sleepy crying fit," Mumma says, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion as I don't understand half the things she is saying. In my confusion, she manages to get me to latch again and I sigh as I go back to nursing immediately. My eyes start to close, against my will might I add, and yet despite that I keep nursing. I would figure out why I felt sleepy after I finished nursing, see what cruel thing could possibly be making me so sleepy.

Mumma keeps rocking me, humming as I start to slow down with my nursing. I blink tiredly at Mumma, earning a soft smile as she keeps stroking my cheek until my eyes finally close and I can't open them again.