Friend

Characters mentioned in this chapter-
Queen Riniya-Elven Queen
Queen Elvira-Witch Queen

We finally get to meet another guard of Nymeria's!

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I played with the necklace that Queen Riniya had given me, trying very hard to not slip. I had only just come out of being regressed a little over an hour ago. I didn't necessarily want to regress again but it was very hard not to regress. In fact it was so hard that I couldn't even stay around the Kings or Queens because I couldn't help but regress around them.

I paced my study, turning to look when the door opened. I wasn't so surprised to see one of the top guards of my kingdom standing there. I sighed a relief when I saw Antoinette and ran to them, hugging them. They laughed as they hugged me, their hands wrapping around my waist.

"How are you my darling queen?" Antoinette asked, their voice gentle as they spoke to me.

"I am fine, gods have I missed you Antoinette," I said as they hugged me tightly, their armor a bit rough when pressed against the fabric of my dress.

"I think Castien prefers to keep you to himself my queen," Antoinette said as they stepped back after a moment.

"None of that queen stuff, Toni," I said with a small huff escaping me. "Castien already drives me wild with it," I sighed.

"Is that not his job as your head guard?" Antoinette asked as they looked down at me. Their black hair was pulled into flat twists that kept their hair out of their face. Their dark brown skin was almost completely covered by their armor, only their hands and face being exposed at the moment.

"His job as my head guard is to give me more warning when he leaves," I pouted. "He had to leave sooner than he said," I informed them.

"Did he? Why am I only just now hearing about this Nym?" Antoinette asked.

"I didn't want to rush you so I just didn't send a letter," I muttered, averting my eyes from their gaze. Antoinette was my best friend, we had grown up together. They had dated my brother for a bit and then became a guard as soon as they could. I think they only became a guard because it allowed them to explore the old ruins that were off limits to civilians.

"I'm one of your top guards, it is my job to worry for you," Antoinette stated. It sounded like bragging but it was true, Antoinette was one of the most elite guards I had even though they were only two years older then me. They had requested a transfer to work at the border of the kingdom since that was where most of the ruins were at.

"I think you would make a better archaeologist," I informed them as I sat on the edge of my desk, pouring both of us a cup of tea.

"Then how would I get to challenge Castien to duels?" Antoinette asked me curiously as they arched an eyebrow, picking up one of the cups of tea.

I laughed at that, knowing how competitive both they and Castien were. They were both racing to beat past accomplishments of other guards.

"So when is the wedding?" I asked curiously.

"What are you talking about?" Antoinette asked me, raising an eyebrow.

"I know you like to spar Castien for more than just winning. You both get so flustered when you two ended up face to face," I said with a small smirk on my lips.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Antoinette said as they avoided making eye contact with me. I rolled my eyes slightly.

"So when is the wedding?" I asked again, giggling when Antoinette glared at me. It was so fun to rile both them and Castien up, I just couldn't help it.

"If there ever was a wedding, which there will not be, you are now barred from it," Antoinette informed me. I pouted at that, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I didn't want to come anyways," I huffed as I turned away from them, still pouting as I stared at the wall. "You're mean," I muttered.

"Oh hush, of course you can still come to my wedding. Besides, Castien doesn't even like me, does he?" Antoinette asked as they raised an eyebrow. I stayed turned away, not wanting to answer them. "Nymeria?" they asked.

"I can't reveal his secrets, I've been sworn to secrecy," I cried out suddenly as I hopped off the edge of my desk, planning on running away.

"Nymeria," Antoinette said as they caught me before I could run off. I squealed when they wrapped me in a bear hug so that I couldn't run off despite my best efforts.

"I have been sworn to secrecy," I cried out as I tried to squirm out of their grip, a giggle escaping me when they just tightened their grip on me. They kept me in place and finally sat me down when I gave up on squirming.

"Tell me," Antoinette said simply.

"Fine, Castien does like you but he doesn't know how to ask you out. He doesn't think that you like him the same way," I said after a moment as I looked up at them.

"Was that so hard?" Antoinette asked.

"Yes, immeasurably so," I retorted simply as they finally let go of me fully.

"Well now I know that I have to be the one to ask Castien out," Antoinette said simply.

"Does this mean that you might date? I've been routing for that since forever," I said after a moment.

"Of course you have," Antoinette retorted as they rolled their eyes.

"Well if you're going to be mean to me then I'm not going to tell you about the Kings and Queens and how nice they are to me," I said simply as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"That will just hurt you and not me. I can tell that you want to tell me everything," Antoinette said softly. I cursed at their knowledge of me and pouted slightly.

"You have a point," I muttered as I sat down on the couch, turning slightly when I heard the door open. Queen Elvira stood there and since I didn't want to see her at the moment, I did the adult thing and threw a pillow at her. "Out," I said simply, making her raise an eyebrow. Maybe that wasn't my smartest choice, I decided after the fact when I saw the look in her eyes.