Jewelry

I've learned to stop asking if you want chapters because it's always a yes apparently. Also we get more little Nymeria in this chapter, we even get sassy little Nymeria right at the end.

Characters in this chapter-
Queen Riniya- Elven Queen
Queen Elvira-Witch Queen

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

In my infinite wisdom, I decided to hide from Queen Elvira by hanging out in the guest quarters hallway. I figured it would be the last place she would look and since she was the most intimidating out of all the queens, I was going to be avoiding her as much as possible. In the midst of hiding behind one of the pillars of the hallway, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around quickly to face Queen Riniya.

"What are you doing?" she asked, sounding vaguely amused. My face flushed slightly as I realized how stupid I probably looked.

"'m hiding from Queen Elvira," I muttered, my blush darkening when Queen Riniya chuckled softly.

"I promise you that this hallway would be one of the first places she would look," Queen Riniya said as she smiled slightly. "You're welcome to come sit with me if you wish to hide from her," she stated before she turned and went into her room. I waited a moment before following after her, carefully shutting the door behind me.

I looked around the room and noticed that Queen Riniya was sitting on a couch that was in the room. I hurried over to sit by her, sitting down beside Queen Riniya carefully. I glanced at the table in front of the couch, noticing a jewelry box sitting on it.

"Would you like to look at some of my jewelry?" Queen Riniya asked. I glanced at her and nodded my head hesitantly. She leaned forward and grabbed a necklace, one that had a little triangle charm. It looked rather plain in my opinion but I felt there was more to it than I could see. "It's a tracking necklace," she stated.

"It can track people?" I questioned, tilting my head slightly.

"It allows the wearer of it to be tracked. It's connected to a bracelet that I own," Queen Riniya. "All of my children wore that necklace when they were teenagers at my insistence, it allowed me to know that they were safe," she said.

"That's interesting but how does it work?" I asked her, earning a small smile from her.

"Runes. Elven Runes to be exact," Queen Riniya asked. "I can't really go into much detail, it's a family secret," she stated as she glanced at me. "Perhaps you could wear one though, it might keep you out of trouble if you did," she murmured as I squirmed slightly under her gaze. She made me feel very little which I didn't appreciate.

"No thank you," I whispered, earning a small laugh from her. She put the necklace back and pulled out a pair of matching bracelets, one a bit more intricate than the other.

"These bracelets are connected through a set of runes. The more intricate one allows the person to set how far away the other bracelet is allowed to go," Queen Riniya said as she smiled down at it fondly. "Quite useful when you have toddlers who like to wander around," she stated.

"It just sounds like a leash," I murmured, hesitantly touching the less intricate bracelet.

"It basically is," Queen Riniya admitted. "Perhaps this one suits you better," she murmured. I shook my head quickly, making my hair hit me in the face.

"No thank you, I'm good," I informed her quickly. I didn't need her to keep an eye on me, I was a big girl.

"Are you? I heard you were quite naughty last night," Queen Riniya informed me as she looked down at me with a small smirk. I huffed as I puffed out my cheeks, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Not naughty," I said as my nose wrinkled up slightly. I glanced at the door when there was a knock on it, squeaking when it opened to reveal Queen Elvira. I immediately crawled onto Queen Riniya's lap, trying to press myself against her to hide from the older woman.

"Hello Elvira, I was just having a chat with this little one," Queen Riniya said as she smoothed my hair back.

"Why am I not surprised that she's with you?" Queen Elvira asked sarcastically as she made her way into the room. I glanced at her shyly when she sat on the couch. "We need to have a chat, young lady," she said as she looked me in the eyes.

"No thanks," I said as I turned my head to look away from her.

"It wasn't a question," Queen Elvira said simply as Queen Riniya turned me to face the woman. "What you did last night was dangerous, you could have gotten hurt," she informed me.

"I did get hurt and Da fixed it," I pointed out with a huff. She raised an eyebrow as she scooted over to look at me.

"Who?" she questioned softly.

"Da," I whispered shyly, my cheeks flaming under her gaze.

"Who is Da?" she asked me.

"Husband," I said as I pointed at her.

"My husband is Da?" Queen Elvira said, sounding slightly perplexed. I nodded my head, making her hum softly for a moment in surprise. "Well regardless of the fact that Da fixed it, you should have listened to what you were told in the first place," she stated. "The next time you fail to do so, there will be consequences," she informed me.

"Like what? Are you going to spank me?" I asked sarcastically as I stuck my tongue out at her.

"If that's what it takes to get you to listen," Queen Elvira said. A small squeak escaped me in surprise as I looked away from her face, glancing at her hands nervously as I pressed against Queen Riniya. "I'm only teasing darling," Queen Elvira said simply.

"Not a good tease," I muttered as I glanced at her hands again for a moment. They looked like they would hurt. I wasn't going to test getting in trouble with her again because what if she actually did spank me? That sounded quite painful and I did not want that.

"You're right, I apologize," Queen Elvira said. I nodded my head in acceptance, turning to look at Queen Riniya when she stood me up.

"Why don't you go play little one?" Queen Riniya suggested. I thought about it for a moment before I nodded my head, kicking my shoes off. I had decided to wear flat shoes but honestly, I hated wearing shoes so I was going to take every opportunity to take them off. I turned to look at her, noticing that she was rolling her eyes at my behavior. I leaned close so that our foreheads were touching, looking into her eyes.

"You should fix your attitude Mama," I said as I patted her on the cheek before turning and skipping out of the room. I heard her sputter for a response as Queen Elvira cackled