Tired

Characters in this chapter-
Queen Riniya- Elven Queen
King Thorne- Merpeople King
Queen Elvira- Witch Queen

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I whined as I was jostled slightly, my eyes opening slightly. Queen Elvira was trying to pick me up which was much to my displeasure. I swatted her hands away, rolling away from her.

"Nope, it's time to wake up," Queen Elvira said as she grabbed my leg and pulled me back to her. I huffed as she lifted me up, resting me on her hip as she tried to smooth out the wrinkles in my dress.

"Go 'way," I muttered even as I snuggled into her. She chuckled softly as she rubbed my back.

"Nope, you're stuck with me," Queen Elvira said as she tapped my nose. I grabbed her finger and held it. I studied her long red nails, looking between them and my own with a pout.

"Want," I muttered softly with a small pout.

"We'll see about painting your nails some other time," Queen Elvira promised me. I sighed softly but nodded my head, letting go of her hand. I turned my head to hide my face into the crook of her neck.

Queen Elvira bounced me on her hip gently as she left the room. I'm sure I looked like a mess to my guards. I knew that my hair had come loose and was most definitely a tangled mess. On top of that, Queen Elvira was carrying me around like a child.

I couldn't bring myself to care that much if I was being honest. Most of my guards wouldn't even dare to think about spreading what they had seen. Castien might be told, depending upon the guards that saw me, but that was only so he could ensure nothing bad had happened.

I had nearly fallen asleep when I was suddenly sat down in a chair. The sudden brightness and movement was quite upsetting to me. My lower lip trembled as I tried to cling to Queen Elvira.

"Shh darling, I know. You have to eat though," Queen Elvira said as she gently pulled away. Tears started to fall down my face as she sat down in her own seat. That wasn't fair, I wanted her to hold me.

Queen Riniya hummed softly as she reached over, gently rubbing my back. She waited until dinner had been served before trying to coax me into eating. She offered me a bite to eat, not forcing it when I pushed it away.

"Let's have some cuddle time then if you're not hungry," Queen Riniya offered and I gladly took her up on her offer. She pulled me onto her lap, letting me snuggle into her to hide my face.

"She needs to eat," Queen Elvira said simply. I pouted slightly as I clung tighter to Queen Riniya.

"She still needs to wake up," Queen Riniya insisted. "She won't eat until she's in a good mood and the only way to ensure that she is in a good mood is to let her have her way," she stated. I was happy that I was getting my way with her, I rarely got my way with anyone.

I stayed snuggled up to Queen Riniya for a little while longer before I felt comfortable enough to leave the darkness. I lifted my head up slightly, peeking over her shoulder to look at the back of the room. My eyes slowly adjusted to the light.

Once my eyes had adjusted to the light, I carefully turned to face the table. My back was pressed against Queen Riniya's torso as I leaned my head back slightly to rest it against her shoulder.

"So you've decided to join the land of the living," King Thorne teased from across the table. I huffed softly as I stuck my tongue out at him. "Brat, " he muttered.

I giggled softly at the expression on his face. Queen Riniya pulled my plate closer, getting a forkful of the salmon that was on my plate. She brought the fork up to my mouth, waiting patiently.

I accepted the bite after a moment, opening my mouth and allowing her to feed me. I didn't put up too much of a fuss since she had let me cuddle with her. I only fussed when she refused to let me drink wine. I always drank wine when I had these fancy dinners with guests and she wanted me to drink juice.

I pushed her hand away after I started to feel full. There was only a little bit left on my plate but I didn't feel like finishing it. She tried once more to see if I was still hungry but I just turned my head away, pushing my thumb into my mouth.

Queen Riniya chuckled softly as she pushed my plate back into its usual spot before starting to eat her own dinner. I was quite content to just sit on her lap for the rest of the night.

Queen Elvira cleared her throat, catching my attention. I stared at her curiously as she looked pointedly at my thumb.

"Nymeria, your thumb is probably covered in germs. You need to get it out of your mouth," Queen Elvira insisted on telling me. I didn't know why, it's not like I cared about some stupid germs. I made eye contact with her before sighing loudly. I turned my head to snuggle into Queen Riniya.

"I think that sigh was her way of saying to shove your suggestion up your-" King Thorne was cut off by his wife elbowing him in the stomach. I giggled at the look on his face as he crossed his arms with a pout.

I snuggled into Queen Riniya as I closed my eyes. She allowed me to get comfortable before trying to replace my thumb with a pacifier. I spat it out, pushing my thumb into my mouth with a loud huff. She patted my back to calm me down as I closed my eyes, starting to drift off to sleep.

I had no clue why I was so tired, perhaps because I had stayed up most of the night before. I had taken a nap already today so I didn't know why I was so sleepy. I would ask Queen Riniya later, maybe when I woke up.