Mermaid

Merpeople Queen- Ordelia
Witch Queen-

I don't think I ever described the Royal's races/ethnicities so I'll do that real quick. The merpeople rulers are both African, the werewolf rulers are French, Vampires are Korean, Elven rulers are Filipino, and witch rulers are Arabs.

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

When I woke up in the morning, my head hurt. Not the normal hangover kind either, it was just a pounding headache from dehydration. Maybe I should listen to Queen Elvira about drinking water but I would never admit that to her.

I got out of bed, heading to my bathroom to shower and change. I did so quickly, throwing on a simple summer dress. It was long and flowy, swirling around me as I did a small spin. I decided to match it with some heels because at least if I fell today then my dress was long enough to cover my butt.

I left my room, ignoring the eyes of my guards. I could tell that they were staring at me and I reached up to rub my ear subconsciously. It still hurt from being dragged by it last night. I would be getting my revenge, I just didn't know how. It would have to be thought out methodically since she had magic.

I sat down at the head of the dining table, surprised to see that I was the first one up. My short moment of being the first and only one was quickly ended when Queen Ordelia entered the room. She chose the seat next to me and I felt her gaze on me.

"Elvira said you went to bed late, I'm surprised you are up so early?" Queen Ordelia asked questioningly.

"I just woke up and decided to get ready for the day," I shrugged my shoulders as the two of the maids walked in and served breakfast. I thanked them both as I dug into my breakfast, noticing that Queen Ordelia did the same.

She had done her hair some time between when I retired to my room last night and now. It was now in goddess box braids with pieces of golden accessories decorating them. The accessories had engravings that represented the sea in them. That reminded me of a question that I wanted to ask.

"So how does being a mermaid work?" I asked after a moment. "Is it any time water touches you that you get your tail or is it something else?" I questioned her curiously. She chuckled softly at my question as she smiled.

"It's anytime I want it to happen," Queen Ordelia said simply. "I don't have to be in water but it certainly helps. My scales aren't meant to not be in water after all," she informed me. I nodded my head in understanding as I took a bite of my breakfast.

"What color is a mermaid's tail? Is it different for each person?" I questioned curiously. Queen Ordelia sounded even more amused by questions.

"Do you have a pool?" Queen Ordelia asked, seeming to ignore my questions. I nodded my head with slight confusion. "How about I show you, after breakfast?" she suggested.

"That would be awesome," I said with a small smile on my lips. I turned my attention back to my breakfast, eating as quickly as I could while still remaining polite. Queen Ordelia on the other hand took her time when eating. The rest of the royals slowly filtered in for breakfast but by that time I was already done eating.

"Surprised to see you up so early with how late you stayed up," Queen Elvira commented. I huffed softly as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"We're not on speaking terms, you were mean to me last night," I said simply. Queen Ordelia chuckled as she finished eating.

"Come darling, show me where your pool is," Queen Ordelia suggested, getting out of her seat. She held out her hand and I accepted it, pulling her out of the room. She laughed as she allowed me to drag her down all the hallways until we reached the pool room.

I forced the door open, turning around to look at her. Queen Ordelia entered the room after me, inspecting the pool. She lifted the ends of her dress up as she sat down at the edge of the pool. She took her shoes off before dipping her feet into the water.

"Turn around darling," Queen Ordelia instructed. I did as she said without a second thought, waiting patiently until she told me I could turn back around. When I turned around again, she was fully in the pool transformed into her mermaid form. Her tail was a dark green with blue scales mixed into the green. She was also wearing a swim top that matched her dress.

"Do you always wear a swim top?" I asked as I sat down at the edge of the pool, taking my shoes off so I could dip my feet into the water. I didn't care about my dress getting wet. I set my shoes next to Queen Ordelia's dress.

"I never know when I'm going to get to go swimming," Queen Ordelia said as she swam over to me. I looked between her and the water for a moment with a small grin. "Don't," she said warningly.

I slid into the pool, my dress immediately getting wet. She sighed softly, rolling her eyes with a small grin. I pushed my wet hair out of my face, noticing that her hair wasn't wet at all.

"Your hair's not wet," I pointed out with mild confusion.

"It won't get wet until I want it to," Queen Ordelia informed me. Her tail straightened out as she flicked the end of her tail. She leaned back into the water, completely submerging her hair before sitting back up. Her hair was still as dry as before she had dipped it into the water.

"That's cool," I said as I rested my arms on the edge of the pool, pulling myself up slightly as I kicked my legs.

"I can also speak with all sea life," Queen Ordelia informed me. My eyes widened as I looked at her.

"Even sharks?" I asked as I tilted my head.

"Even sharks," Queen Ordelia said with a small nod.

"I've always wanted to go swimming with sharks," I said.

"I'll see what I can do to arrange that," she stated. I grinned as I launched myself off the side of the pool, tackling her into a hug and submerging us both under water. Only one of us came back up coughing on the water and it wasn't the mermaid.