Punishment

Characters in this chapter-
Queen Elvira- Witch Queen

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

Once Queen Elvira left, I pulled open my desk drawer. I picked up the book that contained the contract and opened it. I wanted to find loopholes so that I could break the rules without really breaking the rules.

I sighed as my finger ran down the page, my eyes flickering from paragraph to paragraph. There was a lot of effort put into this contract to make sure it was legally and magically binding. I pouted slightly as I grew bored of the legal jargon and skipped a few pages in to see the terms.

The first term said that the contract was in force for as long as I needed a mentor. A part of me wondered what that meant? Did the magic decide when I didn't need a mentor or was it until my mentor decided that I didn't need a mentor? That process of thinking just hurt my head so I quickly looked onto the next rule.

This one was stupid. It said that my mentor had to teach me manners and that I had to use them. I hated manners, I couldn't believe that I was going to be expected to use them. I liked just telling the Queens and Kings what to do sometimes. Like telling them to leave or just pointing. Apparently I had to start using please and thank you? No thank you to that.

I decided to skip ahead to the rules. The terms of the contract were stupid but I had already signed that so I knew what I was getting into. The rules were a part of the contract that I did not like but had to agree to since I really did want to be mentored.

The first rule was no drinking alcohol. At least not until I was of age. I looked towards my liquor cabinet with a small pout before looking at the second rule. That one said that I had to keep the swearing to a minimum. That was no fun, swearing was fun. It helped me express myself.

The third rule said that I had to ask to go out at night. I felt like that had been added in after I fell off my horse in the middle of the night. I huffed softly and tried to scribble that rule out but the ink just disappeared off the page as soon as it touched it.

"Stupid magic contract," I muttered as I looked down at it with a firm frown on my lips. I continued to read over the rules and they were all stupid. I had to show a reasonable amount of respect was one of them. What was a reasonable amount of respect? Who kept track of that.

"Bullshit," I muttered, my heart pounding when a golden glow appeared at the back of the book. I flipped to that page and realized that it kept a tally of all the times that I swore in a day. "Motherfucker," I muttered, cursing internally when another tall appeared.

I picked up the book, shaking it slightly with anger before I set it back down. 'Stupid book,' I thought for a moment before kicking my desk in anger, quickly regretting that decision when all it did was make my toes hurt.

"This is why everyone says I'm stupid isn't it?" I wondered out loud for a moment before opening the book up, still upset that my toes hurt now. It just wasn't fair, the rules were stupid. I should have tried negotiating but the last time I negotiated I ended up with five cats instead of three. Now I had like thirty that just lived in the castle.

They didn't even have jobs. They were supposed to hunt mice and only four of them did that. The other twenty-six did absolutely nothing and instead just laid about in the sun. Absolutely useless creatures, the lot of them. I did love them though. Most of them just let me drape them around my neck and carry them like they were a scarf. They let me do it so I assumed they liked it.

I shook my head as I focused on reading the punishments. My quill tapped on the page as I read them. Lines, timeouts, chores, being grounded, having to stay with an adult, and spankings. My mind paused on the last one, my heart pounding in my chest suddenly. I hadn't read that part last time, it wasn't there. Was it?

There was no way I had agreed to spankings. The thought of getting one made me want to curl up in a ball and never come out. I would never recover if I actually did get one.

I got up without a second thought, taking the book with me. I hurried to Queen Elvira's room, pouting when she wasn't there. I left the hallway, stomping my feet slightly as I walked down the hall. I didn't care if it was childish. I needed to find Queen Elvira and tell her that a spanking was never happening.

I did find her after a bit. When I walked right into her and nearly fell. She had just been standing there, I hadn't seen her since I was lost in thought. She had used her magic to catch me and smiled slightly.

"You have to watch where you're going darling," she said as her magic helped me back onto my feet before her magic suddenly disappeared. I could tell she wasn't using it because I felt cold when her magic was used on me and now I wasn't cold.

"You can't spank me," I said plainly, making her raise an eyebrow at my statement.

"Have you done something I should spank you for?" she asked, confused.

"No and you won't ever spank me. Because I said so," I said simply.

"Do you have a reason I should never spank you?" she questioned.

"Because I said so," I stated.

"Okay. Do you have an actual reason you should never be spanked?" she asked.

"Because I would like you not to," I informed her.

"Is something that actually bothers you and you're uncomfortable with or are you just saying you don't want spankings?" she asked me.

"I just don't want them," I huffed as I stomped my foot slightly.

"Do you want to do lines or timeouts?" she asked.

"Well no," I said after a moment.

"Then don't misbehave and you won't have to worry about whether or not you get spanked," she said simply. I whined at that, throwing the book down on the floor before walking away.