Nap

Character list for this chapter:
King Ariston and Queen Belladonna- Werewolf Rulers
King Folmar and Queen Riniya- Elven Rulers
King Zohar and Queen Elvira- Witch Rulers
King Lazarus and Queen Morticia- Vampire Rulers
King Thorne and Queen Ordelia- Merpeople Rulers

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

It seemed that the Nobles were not going to be okay with the trade agreements that had gone into place. I had been bombarded with constant letters and demands for meetings. I hadn't had a break since I had returned five days ago nor had I gotten much sleep. I practically lived in my study trying to write back to everyone who had written to me.

The meetings I managed to deter for the most part but that still didn't stop some of the Nobles from just entering the castle and demanding a meeting. Castien had managed to block them from getting to me but I still felt much safer staying in only my study and bedroom.

I was currently curled up under my desk, letting the sunlight that filtered through the window behind my desk allow me to see. I was writing a response to one of my favorite nobles, Lady Meras. She was an old friend of my grandmother's and had written to ask for more information about the trade agreements.

I closed my eyes when I finished writing the letter and leaned my head back. I was so tired, I had gotten up at four in the morning and it was now late afternoon. I hadn't been able to sleep much at all since I was so stressed out.

"Nymeria, are you alright?" the familiar voice of King Lazarus spoke. My head slammed against the bottom of the desk as my eyes opened, staring at the King who was crouched down to look at me. I rubbed the top of my head as I stared tiredly at the man.

"Am I dreaming?" I asked softly, earning a small chuckle from him as he held out his hand. I took it and he helped me out from under my desk. I glanced around the room curiously, surprised to see all the Kings and Queens here.

"No darling, you're not," Queen Belladonna said as she moved over to stand next to me. She gently inspected the back of my head for a bump. My hair was loose and flowing down my back since I hadn't expected to have any company today.

"You all move really silently, I didn't hear you come in," I said as I closed my eyes and tilted my head back so Queen Belladonna could take a better look at it.

"Darling, we knocked before we came in," Queen Riniya said. "I think you were just too sleepy to hear us," she stated simply.

"I'm not sleepy," I denied as I held back a yawn, avoiding meeting her gaze carefully.

"The bags under your eyes say otherwise," Queen Riniya retorted, making me pout slightly. I looked away from her pointedly.

"What are you all doing here? I thought it would take a bit longer for you all to visit," I said honestly as I leaned against my desk.

"We wanted to see how things were going, we realized that you might encounter some problems after opening up trade agreements after so long," King Zohar stated. I nodded as I sat on the edge of my desk, my legs dangling off it slightly.

"It's just been really busy having to deal with all the letters and meetings people want to have," I said as I shrugged my shoulders. "Nothing that I'm not used to," I muttered.

"Yes well it's quite easy to believe that those letters are probably filled with venomous words towards the trade agreement," King Folmar stated as I looked down at the floor.

"As I said, nothing I'm not used to," I shrugged with a small frown on my lips.

"Ah so you get letters calling you names often?" Queen Ordelia asked, making me turn my head to look at her. I flushed when I realized she was holding a letter from Lord Jameson, a man who was very much against the trade agreements. I guess the letter had fallen off my desk at one point for it to be near her.

"Kind of," I muttered as I looked down at the floor with a small frown. I yawned and covered my mouth. I whined softly when Queen Elvira moved over to me, tilting my chin up so I had to look at her.

"I think you need a nap," Queen Elvira said softly, much to my displeasure. I shook my head quickly as I avoided her gaze. "Come on darling, I think you do," she cooed softly and I squirmed slightly, feeling much smaller than before.

"No nap," I shook my head as I avoided her gaze. I slid off the desk, refusing to look up at her even as she tried to speak with me.

"Do you know what you get when you take a nap like a big girl?" King Ariston asked, making me look at him curiously.

"What?" I asked softly as I stared at him curiously.

"You got gold stars," he stated and I smiled at the thought of getting a gold star.

"Really?" I asked as I bounced on the tip of my toes while looking at him with wide eyes.

"Really," King Thorne agreed, cutting in as he looked at King Ariston. "In fact, you get three gold stars," he said.

"Only if you take a nap though," Queen Morticia cut in.

"I take a nap," I told her quickly as I looked up at Queen Elvira. She held her arms out and I moved to her open arms, letting her pick me up. She rested me on her hip as she carried me over to one of the couches that rested against the wall of the study. My grandmother had several couches in the study since she liked having people visit.

"Such a good girl," Queen Elvira praised and I flushed under her praise. She ran a hand through my hair as she let my head rest on her lap, ignoring the small whine that escaped me. I closed my eyes and let her hum softly, letting me drift off to sleep as I cuddled up to her.

"Next time I get to hold her," Queen Ordelia's voice was the last thing I heard before I was fully asleep.