Trouble

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I fidget with the papers in front of me, not even really paying attention to what they said. Perhaps I should care but I just can't bring myself to do so. I mean I was all alone now so it's not like I could get in trouble for not doing my paperwork. I smile slightly at that thought before my smile quickly fades.

I already miss having everyone around. They had only left like 3 hours ago but I was still wallowing in my sadness, refusing to do any work as a silent protest. I couldn't help the fact that I just missed them all so much.

"You know you do have to eventually do all of that paperwork?" Castien asks and I roll my eyes at his words. Obviously I know that I have to do it, that doesn't mean that I have to like what he said.

"Why are you back from your trip?" I ask instead of responding to him, tapping my nails on my desk. They were kind of short, I wish they were longer. I could paint them so many colors if they were longer.

"I decided to come back early. I know that you are so happy to see me," Castien states dryly and I sigh as I rest my head on my hands. At least talking to him gave me an excuse not to do work.

"You always come back early. I know you can't stand your mom but that doesn't mean you have to come back early all the time. You could hang out with a friend or something. Do you have friends?" I ask as I tilt my head.

"Yes, I have loads of friends. Maybe if you were nicer you would have some friends too," Castien says with a fake smile and I huff at his words.

"I have friends!" I protest at his words, crossing my arms over my chest. He was mean for saying I didn't have any friends. I was the only one who could say people didn't have friends, I was the queen and that was how it worked.

"Like who?" Castien questions as he tilts his head.

I open my mouth to list off people but he cuts me off. That was kind of rude of him to do.

"And you can't list any of the kings and queens," Castien informs me. I pout at that, sinking down in m seat as I glare at him. It just wasn't fair. They were my friends and I should be able to count them.

"You are my friend, sadly. Antoinette is also my friend," I list after a moment. "Nyx is also my friend and so are the cats," I mutter.

"Antoinette and I are your guards, I think we kind of have to be your friends," Castien says as he tilts his head while looking at me. "Nyx is a horse that you own, doesn't really count as a friend. Same with the castle cats," he states.

"Who are you to decide what counts as a friend?" I ask as I kick the edge of my desk with a frown on my lips. "You're not the friendship police," I mutter.

"Oh poor Nym, I say the truth and you get all upset," Castien states and I glare at him, narrowing my eyes when he has the audacity to keep standing there. He was supposed to get out now that I was angry with him.

"Leave," Is all I actually say as I glare at him, refusing to give him the satisfaction of being right or having the last word. I mean he was right but that didn't mean I had to like the fact that he was right.

"Whatever, your royal majesty, that is a constant pain in my ass," Castien says before he leaves. I look after him with a frown on my lips.

"Jackass," I mutter right before the door shuts. He may not have heard but I still got the last word and that is what truly matters. All that matters to me at the very least.

I sigh as I look at my desk, seeing Elvira's crown sitting on it. I reach out to touch it, turning it over in my hands before I set it down. I mean if no one was here to enforce the rules then I technically don't have any rules and I can do whatever I want! Oh that will be fun.

I mean no one was here to boss me around or say I can't do things just cause they say so. I grin at the idea, glancing at the liquor cabinet. I mean it's not like anyone would know. I could break every rule in the contract and still probably be safe. It's not like I could get punished for doing it. At least I was safe from a punishment. Maybe there were plus sides to not having any of the kings and queens around.

My eyes catch sight of the contract book that is propped up one of my bookshelves and I narrow my eyes at it. I had forgotten about that stupid book that seemed to notify them when I broke rules. It was a good thing I had only thought about it instead of actually doing it. I might actually get in trouble if I did break any.

Although that brought up the question on how they could punish me. I mean they lived so far away and I doubt they would come all the way back here for one itty bitty instance of rule breaking. I mull over that thought as I walk over to the book, picking it up as I flip through it. I wonder if I can tear out the pages or pieces of rules that I don't like.

I experimentally tug at the punishment page. I mean if I was going to rip out a whole page, this was probably a good place to start. I start slowly, giving it a gentle tug before slowly increasing the amount of strength that I am using. It quickly gets to the point that I am holding the page with one hand and the book with my other as I try to pull them in two separate directions.

"This is bullshit!" I huff as I throw the book down onto the floor, going to flop onto my couch.

"Wow. Not even 12 hours and you're already getting into trouble little one," Queen Elvira's voice sends a shiver down my spine and I slowly turn over onto my back before sitting up. I was hoping that my eyes would deceive me but nope! She is standing in my study.

"How did you get here?" I ask as I stare at her, trying to discern whether or not she is real. Maybe she's just a figment of my imagination. I think I would prefer her if she was.

"I can teleport," Queen Elvira says dryly and I curse myself for forgetting that she is a witch and therefore can do magic!

"I didn't do nothing wrong," I say to try and protect myself before she can get onto me.

"I watched you try to rip your punishment section of the book," she states.

"Nu uh," I retort, shaking my head quickly.

"Yeah huh," Queen Elvira rolls her eyes so I do the mature thing and stick my tongue out at her.

"Leave me alone, I don't like you," I inform her very seriously.

"Behave and maybe I will leave you alone," Queen Elvira sighs and I watch as she disappears from right in front of me.  I have got to find a way to combat that, it just wasn't fair that she had magic!