Brat

Characters in this chapter-
Queen Elvira- Witch queen

This is honestly just an excuse for me to write strict Elvira and to do the classic being pulled by the ear bit in a story. Also it's double the length my chapters normally are so enjoy!

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I swirled my tequila around my glass, the ice clinking around the glass. Tequila wasn't my favorite drink but it was quite strong and I needed strong right now. I was trying to stay awake to finish some more paperwork as well as look over the mentorship contract.

I had only read a few pages of it but I desperately wanted to sign it. Everything seemed so simple and I figured I knew the Kings and Queens well enough to trust them. However every single time I tried to sign it, I couldn't. My body physically would not allow me to sign any part of the contract.

I let out a frustrated noise as I threw my pen across the room, glaring down at the contract. I kicked my desk with a huff as I slid down in my seat. My head jerked slightly when I saw a pen, my pen, floating in front of my face and tapped my head. I looked up, smiling slightly when I saw Queen Elvira standing in the doorway. I sank down slightly when I noticed a frown on her lips.

"You told me you were going to bed two hours ago," she said simply as she shut the door behind her. The sound of the door shutting sounded like a death knell ringing, at least to me. It sounded like a warning of my future seeing as she did not look like she was happy.

"I was busy," I said simply as I crossed my arms over my chest, sinking down in my seat under her glare.

"I don't like being lied to, darling," Queen Elvira crossed the room, moving to stand beside me.

"I didn't lie on purpose," I whined as I sat down my glass. Her eyes flickered to me before looking at my drink. She looked at my liquor cabinet, a frown marring her lips.

"You've been drinking," she commented, looking down at me. Her displeasure was quite obvious and I squirmed under her gaze.

"Not much, just a little bit," I muttered as I avoided looking into her eyes. "I needed to so I could stay awake," I defended my actions even as I continued to squirm her stern look.

"You are underage," she said as she sat on the edge of my desk. She waved her hand and I watched as my glass disappeared, reappearing full. I looked up at her in surprise and mild confusion. "It's water," she said when she saw me looking at her.

"Don't want water," I muttered with a frown on my lips.

"You need to drink water," she sighed as she lifted up my glass, holding it up to my lips. I sighed audibly before I took a small sip, pushing the glass away once I was done.

"Your contract is broken, it won't let me sign it," I said as I glared down at the contract with a pout.

"I should hope not, the magic in the contract will prevent you from signing it when you have anything in your system that could impair your actions and thoughts," Queen Elvira said simply as she sat the glass down. "Have you even read it fully?" she questioned.

"Read a few pages," I murmured softly as I squirmed under gaze. "I trust you," I whined softly as I looked at her.

"It's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of foolishness," Queen Elvira said hotly. "I've known my fellow rulers for hundreds of years, however I would not sign a contract from any of them without fully reading it," she stated. Tears pricked my eyes from her scolding as I tried to wipe them away before they fell.

"I'm not stupid," I whispered as I bit my bottom lip to avoid thinking about her words. I hated being emotional, despised it in fact, however whenever I started drinking my emotions like to come out to play.