Toys

Characters in this chapter-
Queen Morticia (Momma) and King Lazarus (Dada)- Vampire Queen and King

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

Momma stands over me, looking down at me with a faintly amused expression on her lips. I pout at her for finding it funny, it wasn't funny at all! I was suffering because there were no toys for me to play with.

"I thought you were sick. Shouldn't you be in bed?" Momma asks, making me shake my head.

"Play," I say softly, giving her my best pleading look. She clearly didn't understand how desperately I needed toys to play with or else I would be sick forever. It was a curse that I sadly had to suffer.

"I don't know," Momma says, making me whine.

"Peaseeeeee," I beg of her, earning a soft sigh from her. She bends down, lifting me up into her arms. She patted my bottom as I wrap my legs  around her waist.

"Fine. But I'm checking your temperature first," Momma states, making me whine. I grab her hand, bringing it up to my face so that she has to feel how not hot I am.

"Fine, play," I inform her, feeling too small to use the big words that she likes to use.

"With a thermometer. Momma has one in her room," Momma says as she carries me out of the room. I tuck my head against her shoulder. I suddenly feel very shy about being in her arms and the fact that I am wearing a diaper. Not that anyone can see it.

Momma opens a door stepping inside. I peek out, smiling happily when I see Dada there. He coos when he sees me, holding out his arms. He takes me from Momma, even when she tries to resist a little bit. She eventually lets me be taken, only because she moves to grab a thermometer.

It looks a lot different from the ones we use in my kingdom. I don't like that. I hide my face so that she can't stick it in my mouth. Dada lets me so clearly he agrees that I shouldn't have the weird thermometer in my mouth.

"Nymeria, let me take your temperature," Momma tries to coax me out of my hiding spot but clearly she underestimates how serious I am about not letting her stick that horrible thing in me.

"No," I disagree, sticking my thumb into my mouth. She couldn't put the thermometer in my mouth if my mouth was already occupied.

"Nymeria, please let me take your temperature or else you won't be able to play," Momma says. Her words are empty and I know that she won't really not let me play...right?

"No fank you," I reply around my thumb, my words starting to be lisped.

"If you don't let me stick this thermometer in your mouth, I do have another way to take it. One that's much less pleasant," Momma says. She sounds so serious that I can't help but shiver. I turn my head slightly, opening my mouth slightly as my thumb slides out of my mouth.

Momma pushed the thermometer into my mouth. I let it sit there, my eyes crossing slightly to look at it. It has a little screen on it, one that has numbers on it. I keep trying to read the numbers, flinching when it beeps. I hate the noise!

"Sorry baby, I should have warned you it would beep when it was done," Momma tells me as she removes the thermometer from my mouth.

"99, it's going down," Momma informs Dada who nods, bouncing me slightly.

"Here that, you're getting all better baby," Dada says as he smiles down at me. He chuckles softly when I smile back, a very toothy smile.

"Now, let's get you to your toys," Momma says as she takes me from Dada. He very reluctantly lets me go. Momma carries me over to a corner, something that makes me pout. I perk up when I see all the toys, squirming to get down.

Momma sets me down, patting my back slightly. I refuse to look at her, already enraptured by all these toys that are clearly mine. I reach over to pick up one toy, turning it over. A bunch of rings fall off of it, ones that are slightly squishy.

I pick one of the smaller rings, squishing it with one of my fingers. It's kind of hard but also squishy at the same time. I want to test a theory, one that I'm not sure will work out very well. I bring up the ring to my mouth, opening my mouth to take a bite.

"Do not bite that," Momma says, making me freeze. I glance at her, surprised that she would stop me from having fun. I open my mouth to bite the toy again.

"Nymeria, if you bite that toy I will take it away," Momma warns me. I frown slightly, dropping my toy on the ground. Momma was so mean to me. She had ruined my playtime with her stupid no biting things rule. I should be allowed to bite whatever I wanted.

"Meanie," I huff as I lay down on my stomach, moving to grab another toy. This one has buttons on it that I press, squealing happily when a little cat pops up. I press another button, grinning when a dog pops up. I press the two animals back down, repeating my previous button presses. I push all the buttons at once, squealing happily when four different animals pop up. There's the cat, the dog, a chicken, and a sheep.

"Momma, Momma," I say as I look over at her, picking up the toy to show her. She smiles softly as she moves from her chair to come sit by me. She crouches down slightly, watching me play with my toy. I shake it slightly, forcing the animals back down.

"Do you like that toy baby?" Momma asks, making me nod my head quickly.

"Mine mine mine," I say as I show her the toy.

"Yes, it's yours," Momma agrees as she smiles softly, moving to play with my hair. I let her do that since I'm more than happy to keep pressing buttons to see my friends. She starts to hum softly, making me grin happily as I lean back against her. I start to babble to my animal friends, explaining everything that happened today to them.