Theater

Characters mentioned in this chapter-
King Lazarus-Vampire King (Dada)
King Ariston-Werewolf King (Daddy)
Queen Mirage and Queen Variel- Shapeshifter queens

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I manage to escape Dada and Daddy, ducking into a random room. I wait to hear their footsteps pass, taking a small breath before I look around and realize that the room is pitch black. I tiptoe forward, tripping over something and falling. A small whine escapes me as I stay sitting on the floor, my knees stinging.

"Do you often wander into places you shouldn't be?" Queen Variel's voice makes me shiver since she doesn't sound happy. The lights flick on, something that makes me blink. She hadn't opened a curtain or anything, there weren't any in this room so I don't know how she made it so bright.

"I forgot, your little kingdom doesn't know of things like lightbulbs or electricity," Queen Variel says as she moves from where she is leaning against the wall. I blink at her, not sure what she was talking about. I mean I had heard it mentioned before but I had never really cared how light got into a room, as long as it was there when I was there.

"Puppy of lies," I say, pointing at her which makes her roll her eyes.

"Yes, you've already informed both of my wives what I did and now I cannot sit comfortably because spying isn't allowed and I should know better and blah blah blah," Queen Variel rolls her eyes, making me giggle. I liked her attitude towards punishments, I should have the same one when I get in trouble.

"Sorry got in trouble," I try to apologize, earning an eyeroll from the woman.

"I don't care. I was pushing for one anyways. Do you know how hard it is to misbehave enough to get what I want? Elvira ratting me out means that I got punished which is what I wanted," Queen Variel says, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"You like punishments?" I ask in confusion, not quite sure I understood what was so desirable about being spanked.

"I like the affection I get afterwards. Sure my ass hurts but then I get both of my wives doting on me and cooing on for at least a couple hours. Really helps with the whole regressing thing," Queen Variel says as she plops down in a comfy looking seat as I finally push myself up, toddling over to sit nearby. I don't sit right next to her but I sit within five seats of her so I can pay attention to her.

"Like me?" I ask, wondering if she regressed like me.

"Yes, I regress like you. Not as little though. About 5 or 6 and thankfully only for a couple of hours today. Else Mira would have had me holding her hand and following her everywhere she goes. It's like she thinks I'll get into mischief," Queen Variel rolls her eyes, making me giggle. Something told me she got into lots of mischief, like a whole lot.

"Don't like getting in trouble, not with Elvira," I say, deciding to use her name since that way Queen Variel would know who I was talking about.

"Oof, I can't blame you. She's always so stern, it's like she has a stick up her a-," Queen Variel goes quiet and I hear the quiet click of a door shutting before I hear heels.

" Finish that sentence and you will learn how uncomfortable it is to sit when you've been spanked twice in one day," Queen...Mirage says. It takes me a minute to remember her name since she's still new to me.

"Whyyyyy?" Queen Variel says, whining like Queen Mirage was being mean. Which she probably was, I mean Queen Variel hadn't done anything naughty yet.

"You think that's an unreasonable punishment for you sneaking off without telling me or Mama, badmouthing Auntie Elvira to her little, sneaking into the candy cabinet, and nearly breaking your rule about not cursing more than five times a day," Queen Mirage lists off, making me squirm since she really sounded stern.

"'snot unreasonable, sorry," Queen Variel grumbles, kicking the seat in front of her. Not out of anger or anything but rather out of frustration, seeming frustrated with herself.

"Not to mention, I miss my little girl and purposefully fighting headspace so you can watch a movie isn't a good idea. Remember last time?" Queen Mirage says, sitting next to Queen Variel and tilting her head down so she can kiss her forehead.

"Sorry Mumma," Queen Variel says, tension seeming to melt out of her.

"It's okay my baby, you just need to trust Mumma to help you. You're a big girl but you still need help," Queen Mirage says. "Now go pick out a movie," she lifts Queen Variel out of her seat, patting her bottom which makes her scramble towards the front of the room.

"What's a movie?" I finally ask, making Queen Mirage turn her attention to me. I shrink back slightly, earning a soft coo from her as she approaches me.

"You know what pictures are don't you little love?" she asks, making my cheeks burn at the nickname but my head nods at how excited I am to know what she's talking about.

"A movie is a bunch of pictures going really fast that tell a story. One about animals or people or anything really," Queen Mirage explains, making me nod my head slowly. I get up, deciding to leave so they can see their movie thing without me interrupting. I don't get more than two steps before I'm stopped by Queen Mirage who scoops me up.

"Forgive me darling but I want to make it clear you do not have to leave. Vari loves having friends to play with and I think you'll enjoy a movie, if you'd like to stay. We have snacks as well," Queen Mirage says, making me nod after a moment. I would like to see what this movie thing was but I was also curious what a movie was.

"I stay pease," I request politely, making her grin. She bounces me up onto her hip, sitting back down when Queen Variel comes back with a little box. She holds it out to Queen Mirage who looks it over before nodding.

"Alright my big girl, thank you for picking an appropriate movie for your age. Now lovey, go put it in," Queen Mirage says, which makes Queen Variel spin around and run straight to the front of the room.

"Here, you sit right here, little one," Queen Mirage says as she sits me up on a pile of blankets, making me slightly taller. I cling to her hand, making her smile as she lets me hold onto it. The lights dim and the wall at the front of the room seems to flicker to life. My attention is so enraptured by the moving pictures that I don't even notice when Queen Variel plops in between me and Queen Mirage.

I do however notice when Queen Variel shoves Queen Mirage's hand off of mine and offers me her hand instead. I smile shyly and take it, happy to be able to hold anyone's hand at this point.