Talk

Characters in this chapter-
Queen Elvira- Witch queen
-Queen Belladonna-Werewolf queen
-King Folmar- Elven king
Queen Morticia-Vampire queen
-King Thorne- Merpeople king

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

It had been several days since I had enacted my revenge on Queen Morticia. She had declared war upon me and now my hands were stained from dye being put in my shampoo. My face had gotten stained as well but Queen Elvira had used her magic to get rid of the stain. She wouldn't get the dye off my hands though. She had said that I had brought it on myself for dumping water on Queen Morticia.

That simply wasn't true though. Queen Morticia had started the battle when she had tickled me and I wouldn't say that I was sorry because I didn't mean it. I would just have to plot even more to double my revenge so that was what I had been doing as of late.

My plotting had been interrupted by having to go to dinner. It was a 7 course meal so I was a little bummed out. I didn't want to have to sit at the table forever especially since I had come so close to finishing my revenge plan.

"Princess Nymeria," Queen Belladonna's voice causes me to snap out of my thoughts. I didn't like when she called me that, I didn't like when anyone called me that! The royals had all taken to calling me Nymeria and I preferred it.

"Yes Queen Belladonna?" I question, looking at her curiously. I was a little nervous now, I could see that they were all giving each other looks.

"We have all been here for a decent while, we will have to head home soon," she informs me. That sentence made my heart drop. I didn't want to think about them leaving me. They simply couldn't do that.

"No," I say quickly, speaking my mind on the idea of them leaving.

"Excuse you?" Queen Belladonna's words made me shift nervously. I was fidgeting in my seat as I looked down at my salad.

"You can't leave," I state, looking away from her before she can say anything else.

"Why is that?" King Folmar questions me, drawing my attention to him. I just shake my head, a small frown on my lips.

"Cause I said so," I finally say when he waits patiently for my answer.

"Well you can not just say that we can not leave. We have our own kingdoms to run," King Folmar declares. I simply shake my head, fidgeting with my salad fork.

"Then you should just leave," I utter, the words lacking any of the many emotions that were running through me. I just wanted everyone to leave me alone now. They were going to leave me, I hadn't expected that. I mean of course I knew that they would have to leave eventually but I hadn't expected it to be so soon.

"I beg your pardon?" King Folmar responds. I shake my head, stabbing my fork into the salad. I shove the bit of food into my mouth quickly. I didn't have to respond if my mouth was full. I felt a hand move to rest on my arm. I kept my gaze on my salad until the hand tapped my arm lightly.

"Nymeria, that was not nice of you to say," King Thorne scolds me lightly. I knew that and a part of me felt a little bit bad but I was saved from having to reply when the main course came out. It was a roasted pork belly so while that was being cut up and served, I took a sip of my wine. Sip was a liberal use of the word, seeing as I had drained the rest of the glass.

"Can you fetch me a refill?" I ask one of the maids since she was standing nearby me. She nods her head before slipping out of the room. When she returns, she has the glass bottle of wine in her hands and carefully fills up my wine glass.

"Thank you," I say as I lift up the glass once she is done and take a sip. King Thorne's hand was once again resting on my arm and I was very tempted to push it away. However I quickly deduced that a decision like that would probably not be a good idea.