Timeout

Character in this chapter-
Queen Elvira- Witch Queen (Mum)
Queen Morticia- Vampire Queen (Momma)

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

Mum eventually leaves, much to my disappointment. It's not like I don't like Momma but I like having both of them around. I fuss quietly, making Momma look down at me.

"Shh darling, you don't need Elvira around all the time. You're going to have to get used to having Momma or someone else," Momma says, earning a frown from me. How dare she say that! I was not going to just get used to being cruelly abandoned by my Mum or any of them!

"No," is all I say, crawling out of her reach. She reaches her hand out, probably to pull me back into her lap but I don't care to be in her lap anymore. I smack her hand away, not very hard but hard enough that she knows I don't want to be touched.

"Nymeria," Momma says as she frowns at me, seemingly shocked by my audacity. Good! She shouldn't be touching me at all so I had clearly done a good job of telling her that. "That is not nice," she continues on, making me frown.

"I not being nice, I not want you to touch me," I state as I cross my arms over my chest.

"That is fine but you will not hit me," Momma says. I roll my eyes, squeaking when Momma crosses the bed much quicker than me. She sits in front of me, tilting my head up so that I have to look into her eyes.

"I am serious Nymeria, if you hit me again, you will be in trouble," Momma states. I whine at that, trying to wiggle away from her. It's not my fault that my hand had decided to smack hers away. She couldn't be mad at me over that.

"I sick, you not punish," I say as I sit back, looking at her with wide eyes. There was no way she was going to punish me while I was sick, that would be mean.

"Being sick does not mean that you are not responsible for your actions. If you decide to hit me again, you will find yourself in the corner," Momma says. I shake my head as I disagree with her wrong opinion.

"No, I not. Not my boss," I inform her, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I most certainly am your boss, little one. Just because Elvira has been the one that mainly deals with you especially when you misbehave, does not mean that I can not punish you as well," Momma informs me.

"You're wrong," I huff. She was supposed to be the fun one, Elvira was the one who was always strict and didn't let me get away with anything.

"I am not," Momma states as she rolls her eyes. "Now, no hitting. Am I understood?" she asks as she holds my gaze. I want to look away but I decide that that is a bad idea when I see how serious she is.

"Yes Momma," I say quietly, playing with the sheets on the bed instead of continuing to look her in the eyes. I don't want to sit on the stupid bed anymore, I want down on the ground. I scoot closer to the edge of the bed, trying to decide how to get down.

I wobble slightly as I sit on my knees, looking down at the drop that is below me. Sure it's not that far but it does seem really far whenever I try to move my leg to get down. I feel a hand grab onto my dress and I succeed in swatting it away.

"Nymeria," Momma says and only then do I remember who the hand belongs to. I don't look back at her, deciding that she can't be that mad at me if I don't even look at her. I hadn't even thought about who I was swatting away...

"No touch," I say as I glance back at her, hoping she would listen to my words and not touch me. Apparently my hopes are stupid and I should never have them because she moves to pick me up. Despite the look on her face, I try to squirm out of her grip and...then I don't really have a plan. I guess that's fine though because she doesn't even stop to readjust her hold and just walks me to the corner. I whine as she turns me around, not wanting to stare at the stupid wall.

"It was an accident," I tell Momma, trying to turn around. She turns me right back around.

"Nose against the wall little one, I will not be repeating myself," Momma states and I frown. I had accidentally hit her hand away. The accident being that it was her hand of course. It would have been fine if it was anyone else. I stand there for a bit before I decide that I hate timeout.

My eyes feel blurry from staring at the wall after a while and my legs are starting to get that tingly feeling that says they're falling asleep. I shift around occasionally to keep standing and I swear Momma has had to give me the longest timeout to ever exist. I must be standing here for hours.

I wonder if I can peek out of the corner to try and see the time. I try to turn my head slightly, only staring at more wall for a second. I shuffle my feet to try and move slowly so that Momma won't notice. I almost get to peek out of the corner before I hear Momma clear her throat. I turn my head back the other way so my nose is against the corner again.

Finally, I feel Momma's hand on my arm as she turns me around. I'm still surprised that she managed to sneak up on me...I can always tell when Mum is coming. I glance up at Momma as she crouches down to be at my eye level.

"Are you sorry for hitting me?" Momma asks.

"'es," I nod my head quickly.

"Why did you hit me, little one?" Momma questions as she raises an eyebrow, taking me into her arms in a hug. I bury my face in her shoulder as I answer.

"You grabbed my dress," I point out.

"Because you were about to fall off of the bed," Momma states, making me purse my lips.

"Ooh," I say slowly, making her chuckle as she pats my bottom. I squirm as I try to slip out of her arms. "I go play," I tell her before I slip past her, running to go play before I realize there are no toys.

"Life is cruel," I whine as I let myself fall to the floor, laying on my back as I stare up at the ceiling