Guest

Characters in this chapter-
Queen Ordelia-Merpeople Queen
Queen Elvira and King Zohar- Witch Rulers

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I woke up with a small groan, staring off into space tiredly. I huffed as I felt a hand rub my back gently, turning to look at whose lap my head was resting on. I smiled softly at Queen Ordelia who hummed softly as I rubbed my eyes.

I sat up, resting my head on her shoulder. Her hand moved to play with my hair and I realized that it had been pulled up in a ponytail while I was asleep. It was a simple thing but it meant a lot to me since it showed that they respected the fact that I was an adult and pulled my hair back to show that.

"Who put my hair in a ponytail?" I asked curiously as I reached back, touching the ponytail. My hair was pulled back better than I could ever do on my own if I was being honest and they had done it while I was asleep which couldn't have been easy.

"I did," Queen Elvira said from where she was sitting on one of the couches across from me. "I hope you do not mind, I know how you feel about having your hair pulled back around others," she stated. She actually sounded kind of nervous, it showed in her voice and slightly in her eyes when I made eye contact with her.

"No, thank you for doing it," I said with a small smile as I played with the end of the ponytail. "It's better than any ponytail that I've ever done on my own," I admitted.

"I have a lot of experience with ponytails, when my daughter was young she demanded I put a ponytail in her hair for three years straight. Every single day," Queen Elvira said, sounding both exasperated at the demand but with a fondness in her voice as soon as she mentioned her daughter.

"Don't remind me, all I heard from her for those three years was that I couldn't do a ponytail as well as you could," King Zohar said, making me look at him. He was standing close to the liquor cabinet, looking at it with interest. He glanced at me when he realized that I was looking at him, looking back at the liquor cabinet. "You drink?" he asked while nodding towards it.

"It was my grandfathers," I answered as I stood up, making my way over to the cabinet. I had to stand up on my tippy toes to reach the key that was on top of the cabinet, getting it down and unlocking it. I opened the cabinet, stepping back to let him look at the assortment of liquor in there.

"Some of these are quite old," King Zohar said as he lifted up a bottle to inspect it.

"Some of them are quite empty," I retorted as I leaned against my desk. "My grandfather liked to collect the bottles," I elaborated when I saw the confusion on his face. He nodded in understanding as he put the bottle back down.

"It must have been hard to obtain these seeing as most of these came out when there was no trade agreement with the kingdoms that made them," King Zohar said. I shrugged slightly as I looked at the cabinet.

"My grandfather had his ways," I said simply as I tore my gaze away from the cabinet, looking around the room. "Where did everyone else go?" I asked as I realized that it was only King Zohar, Queen Elvira, and Queen Ordelia left in the room.

"They wanted to explore, your head guard offered to give them a tour," Queen Elvira said to which I nodded. I was kind of glad that I had the entire castle start getting prepared for them visiting as soon as I got home. Castien said that I was going overboard since they hadn't said when they were coming but now I was relieved that I had decided to do it.

I was drawn out of my thoughts by heavy knocking on the door before it opened. I straightened up as soon as I heard the knock, my body tensing as Lord Jameson entered my study.

"Get out," I said simply as I crossed the room. I knew what he was going to say and I wasn't in the mood to listen to him.

"I want to speak to you about the trade agreements," he said simply as he stared down at me, his blue eyes looking over me dismissively.

"I already told you what you need to know about them, there is nothing else to discuss Lord Jameson," I stated. "If you truly wished to discuss them, you would make an appointment like everyone else," I said simply.

"You blackmailed my family," he hissed as he stepped closer, getting into my face.

"I simply informed you that if you did not open the mines your family owned, I would hand them over to a family that would. It is not blackmail, it is my right to do since your family only has the mines as long as mine says so. The contract says that I can take them back at any time," I retorted calmly. He wouldn't get physical so I held no fear, he was an angry man but he was not a violent man. "Now go away, you are embarrassing you and your family in front of visitors," I hissed out.

His eyes flicked to look over me and he nodded before stepping back. "We'll talk later," he muttered to me.

"Make an appointment and we will," I said simply as he left my study. He shut the door behind him as I rolled my eyes, going to sit back at my desk. I rested my head in my hands for a moment, with a small sigh.

"I think we'll leave you alone since you are clearly upset," King Zohar said.

"That would be appreciated," I said as I nodded my head, not bothering to lift my head up. I heard the door open and close again. I assumed that they had left because of that and I opened a desk drawer, pulling out a whiskey bottle and setting it on my desk. I needed a little pick me up after dealing with Lord Jameson.

I looked up from my desk after a moment, flinching back when I saw Queen Elvira standing in front of my desk. I held my hand over my heart as it pounded in my chest.

"I apologize for startling you," Queen Elvira said. "I just wanted to make sure that we would be seeing you at dinner," she stated.

"Of course," I said as I nodded my head, slowly settling down as I leaned back in my chair.

"Good, I just wanted to check," Queen Elvira said as she nodded her head. She glanced at the whiskey bottle before looking at me. "Try not to drink too much, we wouldn't want you to have an accident..again," she said before leaving.

It took a moment for what she had said to sit in and I flushed, my cheeks darkening with a blush. I couldn't even try and deny it since she had already left. What was worse was that she had said we, which meant the other rulers probably knew about it as well. My cheeks were going to be permanently red know that I knew that they knew and I slid out of my seat, sitting on the floor with a small huff as I buried my face into my hands.