Library

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I left my room shortly after Queen Belladonna left it. I asked one of the guards patrolling nearby where the library was and he had taken it upon himself to escort me. He never gave me his name which I found odd but he told me that he was a guard for the vampire royal family. He guided me to the library and bid me a goodbye before leaving me there.

I browsed the library to find books on what I needed to read about. I found a few books on etiquette and quite a bit on the different types of supernaturals I would be around. I was mainly interested in reading about werewolves and vampires if I was being honest. They had been the source of nightmare fuel that most parents told their children so I wanted to see what they were actually like.

I found a nice spot to sit in at the back of the library, sitting on the floor in the shadows as I opened the book up to read about werewolves. My lap was filled with books that I planned on reading. I didn't want to put them back on the shelves in case I couldn't find them later on. I got a fair bit into the book, learning that werewolves didn't have the two-legged wolf form as usually depicted. They actually could turn in a full on wolf and lived in packs much like wild wolves. It was all so fascinating and I couldn't wait to tell Castien.

I looked up when a shadow fell over me and smiled when I saw that it was just Xentha. She offered a small smile as she looked at the books I was reading. "Etiquette, werewolves, and vampires? Quite a mix," she stated simply.

"I wanted to dispel any notions of things I had grown up with. It seemed like reading would be a good place to start," I answered honestly. Xentha nodded as she crouched down slightly. Her nose wrinkled slightly as she looked at me.

"You've been drinking," she stated simply, an amused look on her face at the panic that went across mine.

"How do you know that?" I whispered to her as I shut the book I was reading.

"I can smell it. It's not strong but the odor is definitely there," she informed me. "Might want to avoid speaking until you eat something, the werewolves and vampires have a better sense of smell then elves do," she informed me. My head dropped at the sudden realization.

"Queen Belladonna was in my room earlier after I drank some, she probably already knows," I whispered as I drew my knees up to my chest. The forgotten books dug into my legs and stomach as they were pushed into a tight space.

"Ah well, that doesn't sound good," Xentha said with a small frown. "I doubt they'll care, you were practically shaking with nerves when you got here after all. Besides you're close to the legal age in your kingdom aren't you," she stated.

"No, one of my ancestors made it a rule that members of the royal family had to be 25 to drink after he got drunk and knocked up some girl," I said after a moment. "I don't drink often, rarely if I'm being honest. I was just so nervous and I needed to think about something else or I was going to vomit," I said as my hands shook slightly. "I really want them to like me Xentha, more than I've ever wanted people to like me before," I whispered.

There was a soft clicking of heels after I finished talking and I looked down at my lap with great interest. Thankfully the person left the library leaving me and Xentha in silence.

"Well I think they know that now," she chuckled softly as she made me move my legs so that she could pick up the books. "I'll check these out for you and take you to the dining hall," she stated as she held the books close to her chest. I nodded as I stood up, a few of the books in my hands.

"They're not going to mention that are they? I might die of embarrassment if they do," I muttered as Xentha led me out of the maze of bookshelves. She stopped at a desk and made me sit my books down.

"They won't say anything," Xentha promised as she smiled softly. "Leave your books here, I'll come back and get them after I escort you to the dining room," she said as she left the library, me trailing behind her. "It's not in their nature to bring something up if they don't have to unless you continue drinking," she said.

"I don't think I will, they kind of terrify me as it is," I said honestly as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. My raven black hair was still in the crown braid so a few loose strands of hair were now framing my face. I bit my bottom lip as she stopped in front of a door.

"They can be kind of terrifying," Xentha agreed with a small smile. "Well this is the room, have fun," she said with a small smirk as she opened the door for me. I entered the room hesitantly, smiling in relief when it was only Queen Ordelia and King Thorne into the room.

"Ah lovely of you to join us," Queen Ordelia said as she guided me to my seat. "Etiquette dictates that the left seat next to you is to remain empty until you marry," she informed me. "Riniya will sit next to you as she married into the elven royal family," she stated. "To the left of your empty seat will be Elvira," she said simply.

"Is there a reason that etiquette dictates it that way?" I questioned curiously as I tilted my head slightly.

"It's just a way to show status to be honest," King Thorne said simply as he nodded to Ordelia. "Ordelia sits to my right since I married into the merpeople royal family," he informed me. I nodded my head in understanding. Perhaps I should read the etiquette books post haste once I was back in my room.