Whistle

Characters in this chapter-
Werewolf Queen- Queen Belladonna
Vampire Queen- Queen Morticia

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I wasn't sure that I liked being tiny. All it did was was allow Queen Belladonna to coo over me like I was a baby. Which I was not. I was not a baby at all and never would be. I would allow Queen Belladonna to call me baby though since she was nice about it.

Queen Belladonna carried me out of my library, pausing to shut the door. I handed over the key to her so she could lock the door. When she was done with locking the door, she had to help me put the key back on my necklace.

"Are you just collecting keys on your necklace, little one?" Queen Belladonna asked. I nodded my head proudly as I played with my necklace with a smile on my lips. I always kept my keys on my necklace, it was easy to not lose them that way.

"You give me key?" I asked quietly, looking at her curiously. I liked when people gave me keys, I liked the sound they made when they were rattled together.

"What should I give you a key to?" Queen Belladonna asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Can be old key, doesn't have to work. Just like keys," I responded simply as I jingled my necklace together. I had keys from all my friends on it.

"Why do you like keys?" Queen Belladonna questioned with a fond smile on her lips.

"They jingle when you shake them together and they are shiny," I responded as I smiled while shaking my necklace again. The keys clinked together each time I shook my necklace.

"Are you sure you are a human, little one? You sound more like a little dragon to me," Queen Belladonna said. Her words made me puff up slightly. I liked dragons, they were one of my favorite creatures to ever exist. There were no dragons around my kingdom because they didn't like people but they apparently lived in the mountains really far away.

"I want to see dragons, they're so cool," I whispered as I rested my head on her shoulder. Her hand moved to rub my back as I clung to her.

"Maybe we can arrange for you to see a dragon then," Queen Belladonna said, making me pull back to look her in the eyes. She looked down at me as I rested both of my hands on her face, looking her in the eyes.

"For real? A for real dragon?" I asked quietly.

"Yes darling, a for real dragon," Queen Belladonna said as the corner of her lips curled up slightly as I squealed softly. She chuckled as she continued to rub my back, allowing me to kiss her cheek several times.

"I hear excitement, can I ruin it?" Queen Morticia said as she appeared from out of nowhere. I honestly thought she just hung out in shadowy corners waiting for people to walk by so she could scare them.

"Don't ruin the little one's excitement," Queen Belladonna said. I leaned to look at Queen Morticia who smiled at me.

"What has you so excited, little one?" Queen Morticia asked.

"Dragons," I said simply. I didn't need to explain anymore than that, dragons should always be a reason for excitement.

"I told her I would see about arranging for her to see a dragon," Queen Belladonna. I squealed again when she said that which made her turn her head slightly away from me.

"It's like she's got a built-in dog whistle in her throat," Queen Morticia snorted as she held out her hands. Queen Belladonna handed me over to Queen Morticia who tucked loose strands of my hair back.

"Don't you dare," Queen Belladonna said and I was confused. Why would she say that?

"I will definitely see about getting you to see some dragons soon," Queen Morticia said. I squealed again at that and noticed Queen Belladonna was covering her ears.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you with the child," Queen Belladonna stated. She tried to take me back from Queen Morticia who quickly turned away before I could be grabbed.

"No way, back off. I don't need a dog whistle anymore since I have the little one," Queen Morticia said. I looked down, noticing that she had a dog whistle on her necklace. I only knew it was a dog whistle because of the little drawing of the dog on the whistle.

"I didn't let you take the child so you could use her as a weapon against all of werewolf kind," Queen Belladonna stated with annoyance.

"Too bad, so sad. I think you and I are going to get along well little one," Queen Morticia said as she addressed the second sentence to me. I nodded my head, giggling when she pressed our heads together. Our noses rubbed against each other.

"Never give a vampire your child or else they'll find a way to use the child against you," Queen Belladonna huffed.

"Yes, that is what will happen. Also you can find me and the child no where because we'll be disappearing," Queen Morticia said as she turned her head and stuck her tongue out at Queen Belladonna before a flash of shadows came over us. I shut my eyes quickly and when I opened them again, we were in the guest room that she was staying in.

"You can teleport?" I asked with wide eyes as Queen Morticia sat me down on her bed.

"Shadow travel but they're similar concepts," Queen Morticia said as she cupped my face, looking down at me with a small smile. "You are so adorable," she cooed. My cheeks flushed as I covered my face with my hands.

"No, am not," I huffed as I turned over. I tried to scoot away from her but she pulled me back over to her.

"You are so," Queen Morticia said. I stuck my tongue out at her, bursting into giggles when she tickled my sides. I squirmed to try and get away, trying my best to free myself. I tossed and turned before giving up, letting her tickle me. I would have my revenge as soon as she stopped tickling me.