Home

List of Characters in this chapter-
King Ariston- Werewolf King
King Folmar- Elven King
Queen Ordelia- Merpeople Queen

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I woke up with a pounding headache, the sunlight filtering into the room. I turned over with a soft groan while burying my face into the pillow. I lifted my head up in confusion when I felt a cold wetness around my legs. I sat up and my face burned in embarrassment as I realized that I had an accident.

I climbed out of bed, feeling my nightgown cling to my legs. I stripped the bed of the sheets as quickly as I could, balling them all together as I headed to the bathroom. I deposited them into the laundry hamper before I stripped down. I shut the door of the bathroom when I realized I had left it open and started the shower, letting it heat up before I got in.

I groaned as the hot water beaded down onto me, leaving my skin red from the heat. I was never going to drink again, especially after I had wet myself. I sighed when I realized that I had forgotten a washcloth. I got out of the shower, shivering at the cold air as I opened the cabinet and grabbed a washcloth.

I got back into the shower and relished the heat, closing my eyes. I soaked my washcloth and made sure to get plenty of soap on it before I started to scrub myself clean with it. I tried to ignore the pounding in my head as I finished using the washcloth and moved to washing my hair. I quickly finished washing my hair and I stepped out of the shower, my stomach churning from the sudden movement. I turned to turn the water off and vomited into the tub. The water washed it away as I straightened up.

I quickly headed to the sink, washing my mouth out with cold water before I brushed my teeth. The minty toothpaste quickly got rid of any lingering taste but also left behind the burning sensation of toothpaste that I hated.

I grabbed a towel and dried myself off, shivering slightly. I wrung out my hair to allow the water to be caught in the towel. I headed into the bedroom, quickly heading to my trunk. I grabbed a simple dress, one with a floral pattern to it. I also grabbed a simple overbust corset and slid it on, struggling to pull it down. The back was already laced through and I now had to simply tighten it.

I slid my panties on before I grabbed the strings and tightened them. My stomach lurched and I closed my eyes while taking slow and shallow breaths. I huffed as I struggled to tighten it completely, deciding to tie it a bit looser than normal so I didn't throw up. I slid my dress on after it, the fabric gently rubbing across my skin as I moved.

I headed to my vanity and started to brush my hair, taking the time to allow my stomach to settle. Once I finished brushing through my hair, I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, deciding to leave it in just a ponytail. I didn't want to worsen my headache by pulling my hair back into a tight braid.

I slipped on my flat shoes, sighing when there was a loud knocking on the door. I headed to the door and opened it. Castien looked down at me with a knowing look when he saw the tired expression on my face as well as the way I was slumped down.

"Too much to drink?" he asked to which I nodded. He sighed as he stepped into my room, looking around it carefully. "We'll be leaving just before lunch today so I suggest going to have breakfast while I pack up your things and then heading back here to make sure I packed everything. It will also allow time for any laundry to be done," he stated and my face darkened with a blush when I remembered the wet bed sheets.

"Okay Castien, sounds like a plan to me," I said as I nodded my head, letting him enter my room. I quickly left before he could ask about the missing bedsheets, walking to the dining room as fast as I could without feeling sick.

I found my seat in the dining room rather quickly, avoiding eye contact with the Queens and Kings. I listened to them talk, their voices all rather soothing to listen to especially since they seemed to be speaking a bit softer than normal.

"So you're leaving us today?" King Ariston asked and I lifted my eyes up to meet his gaze.

"Mhmm, sadly I am," I said softly as I frowned slightly.

"It's truly a shame that you have to leave so soon," Queen Ordelia stated. I turned my head to look at her, noticing that she was smiling sadly. I looked down at my lap while frowning, wishing that I could stay longer.

"Perhaps we could visit you soon," King Folmar said, making me lift my head up to look at him curiously. "To see how the trade agreements are working out?" he suggested to which I nodded.

"That would be great," I said while trying to hold back how eager I was. It would be nice to see them all, particularly if they came to visit my kingdom this time.

I only managed to eat about half of the breakfast I had been served, my stomach still not settled enough to eat all of my breakfast. I headed up to my room to finish packing everything up, making sure to not leave anything behind. Once everything was packed and I took the time to read the book about emotions that I had.

Time went by much quicker than I was anticipating and I headed down to get into the carriage. I took my time to speak with the Kings and Queens, taking my time to speak with the Queens in particular. By the time I got in the carriage it was well past the time we had planned on leaving and I settled into the carriage ride home.

The carriage ride home was much quicker than the ride to the castle. I found it much easier to concentrate on other things. Mainly on how I was going to deal with the Nobles who still were against the trade agreement.