Overwhelmed

Characters in this chapter-
King Ariston-Werewolf King
King Lazarus-Vampire King
King Zohar- Witch King

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

Sleep did not come no matter how much I tossed and turned. The pain in my arm as well as the thunder just would not allow me to sleep. It was only just past midnight when I decided to say screw it and do some work since I couldn't sleep.

I quickly discovered that I could not do much work either seeing as I was right handed. The pain from my arm was too much to write anything of much length. I couldn't even sign some documents without the pain becoming too much, not to mention that my signature looked atrocious.

I wanted to go to the infirmary to have it treated but I knew that the doctor was currently at home, in bed. I decided that if I could not sleep then I would just wander around until I was tired enough to fall asleep.

I wandered the castle, trying to block out the sound of the thunder. I had always hated the sound of thunder even as a child. It was so loud for absolutely no reason and it always managed to work me up when I was tired. No one except my grandmother seemed to understand that I hated loud noises because my ears were sensitive, not even Castien.

It was half past three in the morning when I ended up just sitting down in one of the hallways, curling up with my knees to my chest. Tears of pain and frustration slid down my face as I pressed my face into my knees, wanting nothing more than to just sleep. It wasn't fair that it was so hard to go to sleep, it was all I wanted to do.

"Nymeria," a soft voice made me lift my head and I looked down the hallway to see King Ariston standing there. He approached me slowly, crouching down to look at me. I probably looked a mess, with tears running down my face and my hair a mess. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I want to sleep but my arm hurts and the thunder is so loud," I whimpered as I wiped at my face roughly. I was too tired to be embarrassed about breaking down into tears in front of one of the kings. "I just want it to stop," I whispered.

"I was wondering why I could hear you all around the castle," King Ariston murmured and I realized that since he was a werewolf, he probably had really good hearing. "I think I can help you," he stated as he held his hand out. I sniffled as I grabbed his hand with my uninjured left hand, letting him pull me up.

I let him lead me towards the guest quarters, wondering what he could do to help me be able to sleep. It's not like he could stop the storm or make the pain in my arm go away. He let go of my hand long enough to knock on one of the doors to the guest rooms. It was too long in my opinion and I quickly grabbed his hand again when he offered it to me.

"Yes?" King Zohar drawled as he opened the door, leaning against the doorway as he looked at King Ariston in confusion. His eyes flickered to me and softened slightly. I sniffled softly as I hid behind King Ariston slightly.

"Nymeria's arm is injured, I suspect a fracture from how it's resting," King Ariston said. King Zohar stepped out of the room, shutting the door behind him carefully. "Let him see your arm sweet girl, magic can fix almost anything," he said softly.

I hadn't really thought of going to either King Zohar or Queen Elvira to see if they could fix my arm. I had honestly forgotten that they may be able to fix my arm. I hesitantly stepped out from behind King Ariston, letting him see my right arm. He hummed softly as he touched it, dark blue magic swirling around my arm.

"Definitely fractured," he murmured as he rested both his hands lightly on my arm. I stared with awe as dark orange light danced from his hands, twisting and twirling around my arm. He stayed that way for a few minutes before letting go and I realized that the pain was gone. I hesitantly twisted my arm and smiled when there was no pain.

"Thank you," I whispered, wincing slightly when thunder cracked loudly.

"You're welcome," King Zohar said as he nodded his head. "Perhaps you will not ride at night to avoid this happening again hm?" he asked. My cheeks flushed as I looked down at the floor.

"Perhaps," I muttered, fighting back a yawn.

"Zohar, perhaps you could put up some silencing spells in her room? Nymeria seems to be quite sensitive to the sound of thunder," King Ariston suggested, making King Zohar nod his head.

"Of course," King Zohar agreed.

"I'll come with," King Lazarus said, appearing from the shadows. I flinched in surprise, shying into King Ariston's side.

"Stop doing that," King Zohar said as he glared at King Lazarus. "Where have you been?" he questioned.

"Talking with the guards, I needed someone to speak to with you all asleep," King Lazarus shrugged.

"Your wife doesn't sleep," King Ariston said. I tilted my head slightly as I stared at King Lazarus, I didn't know vampires didn't sleep.

"No but she does ignore me," King Lazarus shrugged. I yawned softly, gaining the attention of all three men. I flushed slightly as I looked away, studying the floor.

"Come, let's get you to bed," King Zohar insisted as he smiled softly. I looked at King Ariston who nodded his head and offered me his hand. I accepted it gladly, leading the way back to my room. I pushed the door to my room all the way open, ignoring the looks the guard gave me. I looked at King Zohar curiously when he raised his hand and the candles in my room lit up.

"Now, I have a very important question for you Nymeria," King Zohar said, making me look him in the eyes. "I can cast silencing spells which will eventually fade in about a month or I can do silencing blood wards which will last for as long as you live. However with blood wards, I would need to take some of your blood. Would that be something you are comfortable with?" he questioned.

"I thought you only used blood wards with fam-" King Lazarus was cut off by King Ariston kicking the back of his leg. I thought over it for a moment, debating on the answer before I nodded my consent after another loud crack of thunder.

"How will you get my blood?" I asked quietly.

"I can get some," King Lazarus said. "That is if you're okay with me biting you," he said. That took me a bit longer to think about but I eventually agreed to it when King Ariston squeezed my hand reassuringly. King Lazarus instructed me to hold out my arm and I did, watching with morbid fascination as his fangs gently ran across my wrist. Blood welled up from the small cuts before King Lazarus stepped back.

King Zohar grabbed my arm, gently running his finger along the cuts to collect the blood. He carefully moved around the room, drawing symbols on each wall. As soon as he finished drawing the last one, they flashed and then disappeared. Once they disappeared the room went silent, not a single sound of the storm showing.

"Thank you," I whispered, relieved as I smiled at King Zohar. He nodded his head simply as I rubbed my eyes, a small yawn escaping me.

"I'm going to heal the cuts on her arm," King Zohar told both King Lazarus and King Ariston.

"You may as well go sit on the bed sweet girl, magic takes a lot out of someone when they're being healed and you look like you're about to pass out already," King Ariston told me. I nodded my head as I went over to my bed, sitting down on it. Both King Lazarus and King Ariston wished me goodnight before leaving, King Zohar being the only one to remain behind so he could heal me.

"Am I in big trouble for going riding?" I questioned as I leaned back against my pillows. I was too tired to actually pull the blanket over myself.

"I don't think you're in big trouble, I do think that you are in trouble though," he informed me with a small smile. His hand glowed as he healed the little cuts. I yawned tiredly as I buried my face in my pillow, a small frown on my lights. I didn't want to be in trouble, being in trouble sucked.

King Zohar hummed softly once he finished healing me, sighing softly. He leaned over me for a second before pulling my blanket over me. He tucked me in carefully before smoothing my hair back. He pressed a kiss to my forehead leaving me in shock. No man had ever done something so paternal to me and it made me feel quite small.

"Goodnight Nymeria," he said as he extinguished the candles.

"Goodnight Da," I whispered before I succumbed to sleep.