Lines

Characters in this chapter-
Queen Elvira-Witch Queen

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I quickly realized that throwing a pillow at Queen Elvira was a terrible idea. Not only because she gave me a look that screamed that I was in trouble but also because Antoinette wouldn't protect me from her.

When I had tried to hide behind Antoinette, they had simply side stepped me. I stammered for an excuse or anything to say when Queen Elvira entered the room but my mind was blank. So I did the mature thing and threw another pillow at her.

"My study is off limits to mean people," I said simply when she raised an eyebrow. I stood on my chair, using the height to my advantage since she hadn't crossed my study yet. "Antoinette," I whined as I looked at my guard.

"What do you want me to do?" Antoinette asked as they looked at me with confusion.

"Guard me from her," I said simply as I stayed standing in my chair. "Make her leave," I said as I pointed to Queen Elvira.

"Okay," Antoinette said, a small smile on their lips as they moved to stand in front of Queen Elvira. I sighed in relief, relaxing slightly.

"Your queen signed a contract that makes me her mentor therefore I do need to see her," Queen Elvira said simply.

"I have my orders," Antoinette said simply as they looked her in the eyes.

"I apologize but I am about to teleport you outside this room so that I may punish your queen for her actions," Queen Elvira said, giving Antoinette some warning before she snapped her fingers and Antoinette disappeared. I pouted at that, huffing even more when the door shut and locked a second after that.

"You can't do that, using your magic is cheating," I whined as I crossed my arms over my chest, stepping up from my chair to stand on my desk.

"Nymeria, nothing I do is cheating," Queen Elvira said. "Now are you going to come down from your desk?" she asked.

"Are you going to punish me for throwing a pillow at you?" I asked simply.

"It's two pillows now and yes," Queen Elvira said.

"Then I can not come down," I stated with a head nod, reassuring myself that this was the smart thing to do.

"If I have to pull you down from the table then it will not be pretty," Queen Elvira said as she crossed the room, stopping at the edge of my desk and looking up at me.

"I'm taller than you now," I said casually as I looked down at her, sticking my tongue out. "What are you going to do? Make me stand in the corner?" I asked as I put my hands on my hips.

"Perhaps or maybe I'll make you write 20 lines," she said simply. I scoffed at the threat, not replying to it as I stayed standing on my desk.

"I like your eyeshadow," I said, trying to change the subject from a punishment. Her eyeshadow was very pretty, it was gold like her desk and it complimented her light brown skin perfectly.

"Thank you darling, now pick your punishment," Queen Elvira said.

"I'm not regressed, having a timeout or writing lines is stupid," I whined.

"You may not be regressed but you signed a contract that says I can punish you when your behavior is not appropriate," Queen Elvira informed me.

"It's not appropriate to you," I huffed as I stared down at her. I was getting used to standing on my desk, I could do this all day.

"Okay darling, how about this? How about we go find someone and ask if throwing pillows at people to get them to go away is appropriate behavior? Shall we do that?" Queen Elvira asked.

"Ask who?" I questioned, honestly considering the idea.

"One of your guards," Queen Elvira said simply. My face flushed at the idea and I quickly shook my head. "Why not?" she asked.

"Then my guards will know that you're going to punish me," I huffed.

"So you agree that what you did deserves a punishment?" Queen Elvira asked as she offered me her hand. "Get down from the desk Nymeria," she said simply.

I frowned at her hand, not taking it and instead turning around. I stepped down into my chair and then onto the floor before turning to look at her. "I don't need your help," I said stubbornly.

"Good, then pick your punishment. Lines or timeout?" Queen Elvira asked. I fidgeted at her question, looking down at the ground as I tried to pick one. Writing lines wasn't fun but it was the quickest option. Plus I hated having to stand still in a corner.

"Lines," I said after a moment. I watched as she moved closer, holding my breath when she pointed to my chair.

"Sit down, you'll write 20 lines. You'll write 'Throwing pillows at people is not appropriate behavior,'" she said simply. I whined at that but sat down, picking up my pencil. I got a new piece of parchment and started to write the lines, as fast as I could while it still looked neat. By the time I was done it had only taken like five minutes and my hand only hurt a little bit.

"There," I said as I thrusted the piece of parchment at her, letting her take it from me.

"Are you sorry for throwing your pillows at me? Will you do it again?" Queen Elvira asked as she looked over the parchment before setting it down.

"'m not sorry, writing 20 lines wasn't even hard," I huffed simply.

"Oh is that so?" Queen Elvira asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, I'd throw another pillow at you," I muttered simply. I looked at her confused when she handed my piece of parchment back to me. "What?" I asked.

"Go ahead and write another 30 lines then," Queen Elvira said, making my eyes widen. "It's not that hard is it baby?" she asked simply.

"That's not fair," I whined as I looked at her.

"You're the one who said you weren't sorry and you would throw another pillow at me," Queen Elvira stated. "So go ahead and write another 30 lines," she said simply. I glared at her for a moment before picking the pencil up, looking down at the parchment as I wrote.

My hand was already hurting slightly before from the first 20 lines so I had to keep pausing to shake my hand out to ignore the cramps. Queen Elvira didn't rush me, she simply watched over me as I wrote. By the time I was done, my hand really did hurt and I was feeling sorry.

"Are you sorry now?" Queen Elvira asked.

"Yes, I'm sorry," I whined as I looked up at her. She hummed softly as she picked up my hand and gently massaged the sore parts of it.

"All is forgiven my darling," Queen Elvira stated as she continued to massage my hand. I let out a groan of relief as I rested my head on my desk, hearing her hum again as I did so.

Just a reminder that if you're not sorry after a punishment, maybe don't brag about it to your CG. Source: past me and having to write more lines after bragging about not being sorry.