#3. Banana Fish - AshEiji) The Breathtaking Sight of a Boy Who Was Left In Ashes

Summary: Ash used to be a model, but that all ended when he got scorched by the fire... that is until he runs into Eiji. Eiji is a young photographer in training and he decides that Ash is the stunning model he's been searching for.

Fandom: Banana Fish
Ship: Ash/Eiji
Genre: Photographer/Model AU

__________________________

Authorsnote:

Hey there,

Here's another one of my shorter one-shots.
Just getting a little practice in while putting off having to write the ending to my previous Banana Fish fanfiction, hehe.

Other than that, I just want to say this; I didn't write this as an "Ash and Eiji get into a relationship" fanfiction, I merely tagged them in relationships because I did write this heavily shipping the two guys, so I just wanted to give a little disclaimer.
Well, I hope you'll enjoy this little fanfiction :)

~ Noa

______________________________________________________

It was a clouded afternoon when Eiji sat in photography class praying that his teacher wouldn't show up.

Why? Because he knew what assignment was going to be next and he also knew he wasn't ready for it yet. It wouldn't be as easy as the previous photography assignments they'd had, because Ibe was working towards making these young men and women into real artists.

This was what Eiji had been waiting for, but now that the task of choosing his own model and make a phenomenal picture was almost there, he felt sick to his stomach.

One more minute, he told himself while glaring at the clock from across the room. If Ibe wouldn't show up within the next sixty seconds, he'd be late for their class, and Eiji would make a run for it.

The seconds ticked away, but not fast enough; Ibe calmly walked into the classroom three seconds before Eiji could get up.

"Hello, class," he mumbled before taking a sip from his fresh coffee. Eiji's favourite teacher clearly was still half asleep, but Eiji also knew that, after sipping from a caffeinated drink meant he'll get more excited about explaining the assignment.

With clammy and heavily shaky hands Eiji reached for his backpack, somehow wishing for his camera to still be at home or notebook with ideas to be lost; both were lying in his backpack like he knew they would, though. He got them out and put them on his table, getting ready to write down the specifics of the assignment that Ibe was going to give them.

"I have something special for you today," Ibe said. "You're going to go out on the streets and pick out your own model."

Eiji's breath jolted; he was way too nervous to even take a decent picture.

"You'll have to get their permission before taking them to the place where you'll take the picture," Ibe explained, making sure to let every word reach the class before speaking the next.

Eiji's hands were literally strangling his poor camera when Ibe-san's eyes lit up while he explained the assignment in more depth. It was almost like he got some sort of high out of explaining these young students how to capture the perfect picture, but at the same time leaving them completely in the dark about anything important.

"That's all," Ibe said, after talking for almost twenty minutes straight. "You can head out, unless you have any questions you need to ask before you leave. I'll also be available via Whatsapp, so you can always ask questions."

Eiji got up from his chair and forced his legs to walk. He needed to make sure not to flop this assignment, it might ruin his chance at becoming a photographer if he did.