#63. Heartstopper - Nick/Charlie) Dance In The Rain Until The World Ends

Summary: There was something about seeing Charlie dance in the rain, that made Nick's heart flutter. There was something about Charlie's face, that appeared to be completely careless for the first time. There was something about their bare feet on the wet pavement that made Nick wish that it could last forever.

But when Charlie fails to show up at school the next morning, Nick is reminded that good things never last.

Fandom: Heartstopper
Ship: Nick/Charlie
Genre: Fluff, Mild Angst

_______________________

Authorsnote:

Hey There!

THE HEARTSTOPPER NETFLIX SERIES FINALLY AIRED LAST FRIDAY AAHDUHDWJNXCIOLQK!
So here's a little fic to celebrate that we can now see our favorite couple moving on a screen ^^

~ Noa

_______________________________

A late-night summer rain poured from the clouds. He looked up at the grey clouds and found himself breathing more slowly as the drips of cold water slowly cooled down Nick's skin that seemed to burn brightly after a hot day like today. It was almost like taking a nice cold shower after a winning rugby match.

"This is great!" He heard a voice say beside him. When Nick turned, he could see the calm smile on Charlie's face. His arms were spread wide, almost as if he was ready to embrace the sky to thank it for its rain. It was something he hadn't seen in a while, but it appeared that Charlie seemed to feel the same way as Nick; this rain was relieving, like a breath of air.

"Yeah." Nick smiled.

Charlie glanced at Nick and all of a sudden his cheeks were bright red. His eyes were shining bright when leaned in for a kiss. When their lips parted, Charlie whispered, "Dance with me."

"Dancing in the rain?"

"Yeah!" Charlie bent over to the floor, loosening the strings of his shoes. His feet slipped out of them, bare skin stepping onto the wet pavement. With each step he took away from Nick, Charlie allowed his hips to swing from left and right, soon picking up the beat of the falling rain.

Something about his expression looked so careless, which wasn't something Charlie had been in a long long time. There was a smile on his face when he raised his arms up to the sky, as if dancing with the clouds, before reaching out to Nick. "Come on! It's fun!"

"You know I can't dance!" Nick shouted over the loud drumming of the rain.

"I know!" Charlie replied. "Neither can I!" But still, he danced towards Nick as if he was trained to do so and pulled him closer. His lips brushed against Nick's lips. "Join me, Nick."

Something about the look on Charlie's face when he backed away, made Nick want to join this dance. Without giving it a second thought, he slipped out of his shoes as well and left them there, on the sidewalk. The wet pavement felt rough and lukewarm under his feet, but it could only be described as a nice feeling when he danced along to the beat Charlie had managed to make out of the uncontrolled pouring of the rain.

It was fun!

Charlie wrapped his arms around Nick, his hands slowly stroked Nick's back as he pulled him closer.

Even though the rain got louder and poured harder than mere seconds earlier, it was like the beat had gotten a lot slower. And like that, they'd gone from disco-dancing to some sort of slow romantic dance.

Charlie's head rested against Nick's chest and Nick's hands laid on Charlie's shoulders as they swung from left to right at a slow pace. It wasn't anything like he's ever imagined dancing with Charlie would be like; it was thousands of times better.