#19. Death Parade - Decim/Chiyuki) Decim!!! On Ice

Summary: "You need to fill in the blanks for me," Decim told Chiyuki. But the only way she could show him what her life was like is skating... with Decim by her side.

Fandom: Death Parade
Ship: Decim/Chiyuki
Genre: Angst, Fluff
Warning: SPOILERS for Death Parade

part of Shipbruary 2021!

__________________________________________

"I need to fill in the blanks for me," Decim said before sending Chiyuki up to her room so she could put on her figure skating uniform. She's been helping him out at the bar for such a long time now, but she found out that she's, just like Decim's other customers, is just a dead human.

Now he has to decide where she has to go to before it's too late and she just disappears for good.

When she gets back to the fifteenth floor, after wiggling herself into the tight outfit, the big hall looks like some sort of ice palace. Chiyuki wobbles into Decim's bar and glances over at the counter.

"So, what is all of this about?" Chiyuki asks, looking Decim into his emotionless eyes.

Decim's expression doesn't change at all when he tells her he needed to do what she did in the past, so that way he can actually understand her better. "I can't judge you properly otherwise."

Chiyuki rolls her eyes; Decim always needs to judge people, he can't ever do anything that doesn't have to do with deciding whether someone has to go to the void or get reincarnated.

But when Decim steps out from behind the bar, wearing a pair of fancy ice skates, Chiyuki's frustration is soon replaced by laughter.

"Excuse me," Decim says with a serious voice, trying to stand straight but failing because of the skates' thin blades. "But why are you laughing?"

"N-nothing," Chiyuki says in between chuckles. "It just looks weird." Chiyuki tries to control her laughter, which only makes it worse, and now even she can barely stand upright.

Decim exhales the entire content of his lungs before gathering the courage to wobbly make his way towards the ice. Maybe he was hoping for it to go smoother when he steps into the ice rink, but he's soon proofed wrong; his feet immediately slip away from underneath him and he bangs with his butt straight onto the slippery surface. He winces a little, but Chiyuki knows it couldn't have hurt him.

Another burst of laughter rises in Chiyuki's stomach, but it actually starts aching as she cackles.

"Wait," she mumbles, wiping away the tears she'd spilled while chuckling. "Let me help you up."

When Chiyuki lets herself slide onto the ice, she's able to skate towards Decim smoothly.

She always seems to remember the skating pert of when she was still alive, so it's no miracle she can keep herself upright when standing on the slippery ice. She can't recall many of her memories, though, since they have been wiped just like the ones of Decim's other customers.

She skates over to Decim and reaches out to him.

He doesn't look embarrassed or in pain, so Chiyuki doesn't feel bad when another giggle escapes from her mouth. "Have you ever even skated before?" she asks while hoisting the serious bartender back on his feet; he's heavier than she initially thought, but then again, she's quite the slender girl herself.

"Not really," he admits.

Chikyuki can see that just by looking at how clumsy the usually so genteel bartender gets as soon as he's standing on the ice. Even now, when Chiyuki is holding his hands tightly so he doesn't fall, he's still clumsily shifting his weight all over the place.