#14. Yuri!!! On Ice - Victuuri) When Faced With Fractures...

Summary: It's only a day before one of Yuri's biggest skating competitions when he makes an unfortunate fall during practice.
How will they deal with this injury? And with his leg being hurt pretty badly, will Yuri still be able to perform tomorrow?

Fandom: Yuri!!! On Ice
Ship: Victuuri
Genre: Hurt/Comfort

part of Shipbruary 2021!

___________________________________

"I heard a crack."

That's the only thing Yuri manages to bring out in between gasp-like whimpers.

He doesn't quite know how it happened, what caused him to slip. He'd completely nailed that jump so many times, so he wasn't even scared of the landing until his feet got swept from underneath him.

He heard a crack, soon followed by a burning pain spreading through the lower half of his left leg.

Victor's sitting next to him, forcing Yuri's skate off his left foot before it gets too swollen to get it off. He came running over as soon as he saw Yuri making the ugly fall.

"How badly are you hurt? Talk to me, Yuri!" Victor stares into Yuri's eyes while his gloved hands wrap around Yuri's swollen ankle. With every little touch, it's like someone's hitting his leg with a hammer.

"I-It hurts," Yuri replies, gasping for air every second the intense pain doesn't leave him breathless.

"Of course it hurts," Victor tells Yuri, his tone not at all serious enough for the terrible state Yuri's in at the moment. He pokes the purple-ish skin with his finger. "I'm asking how bad it hurts."

Yuri squeezes his eyes shut; the pain is overwhelming, stinging and burning and freezing cold and all of that at the same time in the same spot. He want to scream that at Victor's face, making it very extremely clear that he's very badly hurt and his leg hurts with every small touch, but all he manages to bring out is a tiny, squeaky "a lot".

Before Yuri can even realize what he just told Victor about his hurt leg, Victor's already taking out his phone. At first Yuri's convinced he's going to be his dumbass self again and make an Instagram post about how Yuri fell literally twenty-four hours before his biggest skating competition so far, but fortunately Victor seems to have grown some brain cells and calls one-one-nine immediately.

They're at the hospital within a matter of minutes, but it seemed more like an eternity to Yuri. With ambulance nurses pushing, pulling and doing other things with his injured leg, Yuri felt like being tortured. And that torture doesn't even stop when Victor wheels him into the hospital.

"Pictures, pictures," Victor mumbles to himself and they walk past multiple signs in an attempt to find the room where they will take pictures of Yuri's injured leg; apparently his injury wasn't quite the kind of emergency they need to send a nurse with them when they left the ambulance.

Yuri can feel Victor glaring at him from behind when Victor asks Yuri whether they really said to search for the sign with pictures. Yuri sighs, because if that is what Victor's been looking for, they probably already passed the sign that says Radiology and Biomedical Imaging like the guy told them right before they walked into this maze of a hospital.

Yuri looks around, almost seeing it right away in the far distance. Fortunately they haven't passed it yet, they just have to walk in a straight line and they'll be there. Yuri points at the sign, saying, "There it is, it should be near the sign with radiology written on it."

Victor seems to spot the sign in the distance as well and starts racing towards it. He has no mercy on Yuri's leg as they ride over wobbles in the tiled floor. So by the time they reach the department where they need to make the pictures, Yuri's convinced that the damage is even worse now.