#73. Naruto) Of Pouring Rain and Panic Attacks

Summary:
Rain pours out of the clouds above. It's never a good day to get injured during a mission, but today's even worse than usual. When Sasuke gets badly injured during one of Team Seven's battles, they're unable to go back to Konoha without Sasuke's condition drastically worsening in this extreme weather. As a result, they camp out in the woods, huddled in a tent to keep him dry.

Being cooped up in a tiny tent with a wounded teammate isn't the most comforting environment... But thankfully, the members of Team Seven can rely on one another during this frightening stormy night.

Fandom: Naruto
Ship: none
Genre: angst, hurt/comfort, found family

_____________________

Rain pours out of the clouds above. Wet translucent raindrops dripping down from Naruto's eyelashes, blur his vision as he stares at his teammate standing across the open field.

The amount of blood seeping from a deep slash across Sasuke's leg, appears to be even larger as it gets watered down by the summer storm that had suddenly decided to fall down from the clouds mere minutes ago. It's tough to tell how much blood he's actually losing, but going from how pale his skin is turning, Naruto estimates that it's not just a little bit.
"Sasuke-" Naruto mutters to himself. He watches from a distance, knowing he should stay put.

He blinks a few times, trying to keep himself from slipping into a daze, only to see Sasuke falling to the ground when a gust of wind causes him to lose his balance, when he opens them again. There's a slight whimper of pain coming from Naruto's teammate, but it can barely be heard from this distance. More than anything, he wishes he could move from him spot up high and check on his friend. But both he and Sakura know better than to do so; there's still an opponent on the loose, and with this kind of weather, they don't have proper sight or hearing. If they go to Sasuke, they're bound to get attacked.

He feels his body aching to move, and normally Naruto would listen, but this time he keeps repeating Kakashi's words to himself; today's mission might not be an A-ranked mission, but that doesn't mean they should act carelessly. Sasuke's proof of that. He went to attack before Kakashi told him to, and now he's lying in the slippery mud, surrounded by a pool of blood, crying silently.

A louder shriek, not coming from Sasuke this time, can be heard loud and clear even through the roaring wind and the throbbing of blood pulsing in Naruto's ears.

Finally! Naruto thinks to himself. Kakashi-sensei caught the bad guy.
"Sasuke!" Someone shrieks from behind. A high pitched voice cutting through the thunder, followed by a reddish-pink flash of colors swiftly moving into Naruto's vision, helps Naruto out of his daze.

He takes Sakura's example and jumps down from his position in the tree, towards him hurt teammate.

"Sasuke, oh!" Sakura's already kneeled beside him, checking out the wound. "Are you okay?"

Sasuke hmphs before muttering something among the lines of "I'm fine." This statement, Naruto has to call bullshit on, though; Sasuke looks a mess and though he doesn't want to admit it, he's clearly hurting. His hand is clamping around the wound on his leg, yet failing at keeping the blood from spilling out at an alarming pace. It's because he's visibly weakened. And while it's nice to see that Sasuke's not always picture perfect at everything he does, it still sucks to see him this way.

Naruto feels a gust of wind from behind him. The feeling of something, or rather someone, lurking behind Naruto causes his heart to skip a beat.

"Sasuke-" The clicking of someone's tongue sounds. "I told you to wait, didn't I?"

Naruto's chest rises again when he realizes he can calmly take a breath now; the figure hovering behind him, though carrying an air of unhappiness with him, is just his teacher after all.