#12. Given - Akihiko/Haruki) Well... I told them-

Summary: Haruki bragged about having a boyfriend soon after coming out to his family... now they want to meet his non-existing boyfriend. Haruki asks Akihiko to help him.

Fandom: Given
Ship: Akihiko/Haruki
Genre: Fake Dating AU, Fluff

part of Shipbruary 2021!

_______________________________________

Stupid... He knew it was such a stupid idea long before he even did it. But some people, like Haruki, do foolish things any way. The dumbest things like finally coming out to his parents only to immediately give himself a new lie to keep a secret.

Who on earth tells his family, the second after he comes out, that he has a boyfriend; a great one, a cute one, who's nice for him and never ever would do anything to hurt him.

Well... Haruki sure would; he did exactly that.

"You did what!?" Akihiko laughs loudly at his friend's stupidities.

"Well... I told them I have a boyfriend." Haruki couldn't have been more ashamed. "And now they actually want to meet him, but the relationship I told them about is non-existent!"

Why does his actual crush have to be the one he has to tell this to? Why can't he just tell his poor parents that he lied about having a boyfriend and go on with his life?

Akihiko plays with his drumsticks while telling Haruki that he, kind of, majorly messed up this time. "Okay, telling lies for your own good isn't too bad," Akihiko admits, Haruki's quite sure even the intimidating-looking drummer has told his own fair share of lies himself. "But this—" he glances at Haruki, who's peeking at Akihiko through the narrow gaps between his fingers.

He has to hide how awfully red his cheeks are when he blurts out, "Why can't you just meet my parents?" He can't believe he did it, he didn't have the intent to ask Akihiko out when he decided to tell him about the stupid mistake he made. He just thought they could have a laugh about it and in a good scenario Akihiko might've had some advice for Haruki.

But now... Haruki just can't stop making stupid mistakes.

"You serious?" Akihiko's green eyes stare at Haruki. His mouth is gaping in disbelieve.

"Shit! N-No!" Haruki stammers. He feels how his cheeks are suddenly so warm. He can't do this; asking to guy he's been secretly crushing on for over a year to meet his parents, as a fake boyfriend!

Akihiko stares at Haruki for another moment before closing his mouth and leaning back against the wall. He lays down his drumsticks and looks at Haruki with a stern, almost intimidating, expression.

Haruki feels all woozy when Akihiko says, "Sure." There was no way in hell he'd expected Akihiko to agree on this being a good plan, which it isn't, but somehow it makes Haruki all happy inside.

That happiness, sadly, turned into a strong anxiety sooner than later.

Haruki barely slept last night, since today's the evening that Haruki will be picked up by Akihiko for their so-called date. His hands are sweaty and his recently washed hair is already sticking to his forehead as he texts his parents he'll meet them at the restaurant in about half an hour.

Akihiko can be here any moment now, he send Haruki a message a little while ago that he was stepping on his bike right then. The message sadly only made Haruki more nervous.

He walks past the mirror at least ten more times, every time checking his suit and tie and whether every strain of hair still has neatly been included in his French braid.

And then it happens, the sound of a motorcycle is soon followed by a knock on the door. When Haruki walks over to the door, it feels like he's having a mental breakdown right then and there. Doubts overwhelm him as he slowly opens his front door; should he have worn a plaid shirt instead of his only black suit, and why on earth did he braid his hair when his parents always tell him they like it better in a bun? These, and many more questions, cause his heart to explode.