#55. Heartstopper - Nick/Charlie) Hurting You Is Hurting Me

Summary: Small streaks of fleshy red stretched over the surface of his upper leg.
"Your soulmate needs your help."

Fandom: Heartstopper
Ship: Nick/Charlie
Genre: Soulmate AU, Angst

__________________________________________

Authorsnote:

Hey There!

So, yeahyeah I know you just want to start reading BUT since this will be a pretty heavy story, I want you to read through the disclaimers if you're triggered easily. Also, just click away right now if you haven't finished reading the first 4 volumes of Heartstopper just yet!!! There WILL be major spoilers and you do not want that! You want to read these amazing books without these spoilers.

As for the trigger warnings/disclaimers; I suggest you don't read this fic if you were badly triggered by any of the subjects discussed in Heartstopper - especially self-harm and eating disorders. Prepare for those to be used throughout my fic, along with some descriptions of these circomstances.
If you are badly affected by either or these things, please do not read this fic. Remember mental health before fanfiction!

Having said that, enjoy and let me know - in the comments - what you think of it ^^

~ Noa

_______________________________________

Nick wasn't raised particularly religious. He never believed in God and he had always been aware that praying was not some solution to all his problems. That's just how he'd been raised.

He was raised with different beliefs.

His mother always used to tell him about soulmates when Nick was younger. Explaining him all about the ways of the world; how at birth two people become connected somehow. Throughout they would share each other's pain. They understood each other and were destined to fall in love.

At first he didn't really believe in it. Sure, it sounded logical that everyone had someone to love, either romantically or platonically, in this universe, but for them to share the same pain? That didn't make any sense to him. Or at least, it didn't at first.

For the first years of his live, he complete ignored the idea of having some soulmate. He wasn't connected to someone special; he'd just run into someone some day and know that girl would be the one. That wasn't because he didn't like the fairy tales his mother shared with him before bed time; it was because her beliefs would imply that he didn't have anyone, any soulmate.

See, Nick never felt any unexplained pain. Sure, from time to time a bruise appeared out of nowhere and he couldn't quite remember how he got it, but that happened to everyone. Right?

He didn't feel intense pain that connected to someone else.

Did that mean he wouldn't find a soulmate, ever, because he didn't have one? That's not what Nick wanted to believe in, so instead he completely abandoned the idea of soulmates that his mom planted in his brain so long ago. He went on with his life , trying to connect to people even if he didn't feel the pain they were hiding from the rest of the world.

There were no soulmates.

That's what Nick believed in-

***

"What the-" the words left Nick's mouth, hissed through clenched teeth.

His hand wrapped around his upper leg when a slash of pain shoots through it. It was unlike any muscle ache he'd felt before; even after playing actual rugby matches the pain has never been so intense. He told himself he must've pulled a muscle or something when he slipped on the damp grass during yesterday's practice.