#11. Banana Fish - AshEiji) Because You're Supposed To Scream

Summary: Ash has never been to an amusement park in his entire life. Screaming while riding a rollercoaster, getting scared half to death in a haunted house and eating too much candy are the most important things of Eiji's past, so Ash has to experience them as well.

Fandom: Banana Fish
Ship: Ash/Eiji
Genre: Fluff, Light Angst, Amusement Park, Alternate Ending
Warnings: Spoilers for Banana Fish the anime

part of Shipbruary 2021!

________________________________________

It's just been a split second decision. One that wasn't cheap or easy to get to either, but as soon as Eiji heard that Ash had never been to an amusement park with lots of thrilling rollercoaster and haunted mansions, or any theme park at all, Eiji knew he had to take Ash to one.

Now that they're living together in Japan, Eiji's been putting lots of time and effort into creating a bucket list filled with things he and his partner still have to do since Ash doesn't have to be on the run all the time. The second Ash jokily said he never had been into a haunted house, but still was sure he wouldn't at all be scared, Eiji decided it was a must for them to go to a theme park.

That was this morning, and after a literally twelve hours of traveling by train overnight, the two finally reach one of the greatest theme parks in whole Japan in the early morning.

"Fuji Q Highland?" Ash asks Eiji as they're standing at the entrance of the big amusement park.

"Yep," Eiji replies proudly. "It's amazing!"

Eiji has been to many theme parks for school trips or whenever there was a discount on the tickets, but he's only been to Fuji Q Highland one time; he loved it more than any other park.

Ash gives him a skeptical glance before shrugging.

Eiji knows that Ash hasn't been too impressed by the things Eiji dragged him to, like that one Japanese festival where Eiji insisted they both wore traditional clothes or the time Eiji got him to go to a play-farm because he thought it was a disgrace that Ash had missed so much of his childhood, but today he was convinced that the salty American asshole might actually enjoy the activity.

"Just trust me!" Eiji takes Ash's hand and drags the lanky foreigner towards the ticket booth.

Ash follows him towards the entrance like a loyal dog, but that isn't enough for Eiji; even when Ash's been living in Japan with Eiji for almost one and a half year he hasn't learned the basics of Japanese.

The entire first year Ash spend mainly on Eiji's couch, whining about how his poor delicate body needed more time to recover from the stab wound that had nearly killed him some time ago. Eiji let him have his way, since Eiji was still rehabilitating after being shot himself. But as soon as Ash's set time for recovery had passed, he decided it was time for Ash to help out with housekeeping more.

Half a year later, Ash knows how to say his hellos and goodbyes properly together with some stammery sentences to make himself understandable at a grocery store, but other than that he doesn't speak a single word in Eiji's beautiful native tongue.

"Can you order and pay for our tickets?" Eiji asks Ash.

Ash sighs and rolls his eyes before eventually saying that he will. It's about time Ash finally starts learning Japanese properly, buying tickets at an amusement park should be just a little harder than paying at their local grocery store, or so Eiji believes.

"Kippu- uhm..." Ash glances at Eiji hesitantly, who just chuckles at Ash's extremely broken Japanese. Ash seems slightly embarrassed, or annoyed, before he continues. "Ni?"