First Sight

Warnings: None

————————————————————

You sat in the black SUV patiently. Coulson has called you in to be part of his new team, and you agreed instantly. You knew the man through the avengers who were basically your family as you are the black widows daughter, so you trusted him greatly.

Eventually, the car came to a stop and the driver got out to open your door. The moment you stepped out, you were greeted with Coulson, in front of a huge air bus.

"Wow, see Fury's given you a new toy." You grabbed your bags out the car and stood in front of him.

"Yeah well, i thought i deserved something nice for dying." He shrugged and you followed him onto the bus.

"Touché." You nodded, looking around at your surroundings.

"Holy shit. If it wasn't obvious before it's definitely obvious now that you're his favourite and I thought it was Stevey all along." You looked around your whole surroundings, peaking your head into the lab.

"You can have the grand tour later, come up here," Coulson signalled up the metal stairs as you walked past his car, "i want you to meet the team." He smiled before taking you up, leading you to a small room with a big screen, glass walls, and a control table in the middle, where the team were waiting patiently for you.

You recognised most of them, either from the file Coulson had given you or from your own experience.

"Hey guys." You did a small wave as you walked in, smiling at them all.

"If it isn't Melinda May." You walked up to the woman and shook her hand, you had met her multiple times before, she had trained with your mother before and was one of the best agents.

"Romanoff." She nodded at you with a smile, something that was rare for her to do.

"Thought you gave up field work?" You questioned, wary of the event that caused her decision.

"You don't expect Coulson to do this alone, right?" She teased, glancing at the man as she spoke.

"You're right, he'll need you." You agreed, smiling at the man who shook his head. Then May stepped out of the way for you to greet the others.

"FitzSimmons, right?" You pointed at the two scientists who were standing next to each other.

"You know us?" Simmons asked and you nodded.

"Yeah i've heard loads about you, actually. That you're the youngest students to graduate from the Science and Technology division. Which is so cool, may i add." You smiled at them both and they were a little gobsmacked.

They knew who you were, everyone did, you were the daughter of Natasha Romanoff, but they weren't expecting you to know them.

"Yeah, yeah uh thank you." Fitz shook your hand, before Simmons and they both stepped out of the way for you to see the other team members.

"Ward." You nodded at the man hesitantly. Neither of you had ever really gotten along during the few occasions you had met.

"Romanoff." He nodded back, and the greeting was over. Now you moved onto a girl you hadn't seen before and was briefly in the file coulson had given.

"Skye, right?" You asked as you approached her. You couldn't help but look her up and down, she was stunning and possibly the most beautiful woman you had ever seen.

"Yep, it's good to meet you. These lot have told me a lot." She signalled the the rest of the team.

"Hope all good stuff." You laughed and she smiled.

"Don't worry, you're good." She nodded and you smiled.

"Good, wouldn't wanna make a bad first impression." You admitted, she was a little taller than you, so you found yourself looking up at her.

"Well, you're doing alright so far, i guess." She teased with a smirk and you nodded.

"I'm glad." You laughed before stepping back to see coulson again.

"Seems like a good team." You complimented and he nodded in agreement.

"One of the best, I reckon." He looks at you as you stand beside him.

"I'll let you get settled in and everything before we take off. Jemma, if you wouldn't mind showing
Y/n where she'll be staying? And just get to know everyone a little." Coulson patted your shoulder before he and May walked off.

You followed Simmons out the small room and over to where there were a few beds. "This one is yours, it not very big but we barely spend any time in them anyway. That one is mine and that one is Skye's." Jemma pointed at the two beds next to yours as she spoke.

"Thank you." You smiled as you placed your bag down, ready to be unpacked later.

"So, how long have you been working in coulson's team for?" You question her as you both make your way to the kitchen, she was silently showing you around as you spoke.

"A few months, Fitz, May, Ward and I were the original team, then Skye joined shortly after." She explained and you nodded along, showing you were retaining the information.

"Is she and agent? I've never seen her before and i could never forget someone like her." You asked, you didn't intend it to sound how it did, and Simmons smirked.

"Not quite, we actually were trying to take her in and found her skills useful, she's kind of proving her trust to us before she's fully an agent." Jemma told you as you both sat on the couch beside the kitchen.

"She must be skilled if Coulson has brought her on." You admitted, you knew coulson, and you knew he needed perfect.

"Yeah, she's smart with computers, it's crazy. She can hack into anything which comes in handy." Jemma complimented her friend.

"Yeah, she seems cool." You nodded, realising that you had focussed the conversation on only Skye.

"Who seems cool? I know you're not talking about May because no one gets more than one word answers." Skye teased as she came over to the two of you.

"If you must know, you. I was telling Y/n about your skill set." Simmons answered for you.

You and Skye didn't take your eyes off each other. You found her extremely attractive yet had no clue that she felt the same.

"It's not much but it's helpful for the team, for SHIELD. Hopefully it'll lead me toward becoming an agent." Sky smiled, proud of who she was becoming.

"If coulson asked you to join the team in any way, agent or not, you must be very talented." You hadn't noticed that Simmons had now left the conversation, leaving you and Skye alone.

"I try." Skye shifted on her feet a little as you smiled up at her, a blush creeping on both your faces.

For a moment you both were silent, unable to take your eyes off each other. It took you a few seconds to realise what was happening and you coughed lightly trying to snap yourself out of the small trance she had put you in.

Not that you knew it was possible, but meeting Skye us definitely made your hopes for this journey ten times better.