She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not

Warnings: Swearing

————————————————————

"And here's the lady everyone is talking about." Hunter announced as he was the first to notice you slowly walking into the common room. You were wearing your dressing gown and had a messy bun and make up left on your face after you had slept in it.

"Too loud." You put a hand up at him, grunting as many words as you could without wanting to throw up.

Jemma, Fitz, Daisy and Bobbi were in the kitchen, laughing at the state you were in quietly. They watched as you practically fell onto the sofa, so they joined you with their bowls of cereal to mock you more.

"Do you realise how drunk you got last night?" Hunter laughed as he sat beside you, patting you hardly on the back.

"She had a really bad mission, give her a break." Jemma defended you as Bobbi nudged Hunter to stop.

"It was so funny. Some of the things you were saying." Bobbi laughed as did the others when they remembered the conversations they had with you last night.

"You confessed your love for Daisy about a thousand times." Fitz laughed and your eyes widened slightly, not that anyone noticed.

You have liked Daisy ever since she joined the team. But you never completely acted upon it as she deserved way better than you. So, not that you remember, you couldn't believe what Fitz had said.

"I was drunk, Fitz. I have no idea what i was saying." You tried to shut it down, not wanting to give anybody any ideas. Jemma was the only one that knew of those feelings. And unknown to you, Jemma knew that Daisy had feelings for you too.

"Oh she's so beautiful. I wish she would hold me in her arms. I love Daisy so much." Hunter mocked you in a stupid girl voice, trying hard to stop his laughing from ruining his mini performance.

"Shut up, Hunter. Everyone knows you talk crap when your pissed out of your head." You sighed, almost curling up into a little ball on the couch.

You didn't notice how Daisy body language changed, or the way her face fell or the sad look she hated with Jemma when you said that.

"They do say drunk words are sober thoughts." Bobbi raised a brow in attempt to tease you.

"Like I said, it i was just me talking out my ass." You grumbled, closing your eyes in attempt to sooth your headache.

You felt worse though when Daisy excused herself to leave, having not said anything throughout the whole conversation. Jemma followed her shortly, making up some excuse to go comfort her.

"Well done, heartbreaker." Hunter patted you on the shoulder before he, Fitz and Bobbi left you alone.

Three Days Later:

You and Daisy hadn't really spoken. You felt bad, like you had embarrassed her by talking about her when you were drunk. You didn't know that she actual reason she was upset is because she thought you were being serious when you said you had feelings for her.

"Can we talk?" You stood in the doorway of the gym, looking at a sweaty Daisy who had been punching a punching bag.

"About?" Daisy unwrapped her hands and made her way to the bench where her water was.

"Ever since the night i got drunk you've been distant. I just want to apologise for everything i said, i didn't mean to offend you or embarrass you in any way or make you feel uncomfortable. I was just drunk and stupid. You're my best mate, D, i didn't mean it." You apologised, sitting on the bench as Daisy drank her water, looking down at you.